Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope Disc bolts
  • Orang-Hutan
    Free Member

I have just spent a lot of my hard earned on a set of Hope M4 brakes and floating discs. I installed the discs on the wheels using a high quality Britool socket set with a well fitting driver bit and managed to wreck two of the bolt heads because they are so soft. Has anyone else had this problem? I would rather have not had free rubbish bolts and bought my own. Very VERY disappointed with Hope for buying in some cheap rubbish that detracts from the superb craftsmanship of the rest of the components.

Rant over.

legend
    Free Member

Never had that problem, weren’t using a hex key in a torx head bolt were you? 😉

enduro-aid
    Free Member

yip ive had this problem on my mono’s…was very pissed off at hope aswell but i sent them an email and they sent me a new set of bolts FOC……still great brakes and even better customer service

Orang-Hutan
    Free Member

no. that would be silly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thats why all the new ones come with Torx, not managed to mangle one yet

federalski
    Free Member

takisawa2

no. that would be silly.

That sounded like something a bossy six year old would say, with their hands on their hips. 🙂

I bought some Hope rotor bolts from CRC & they seemed ok…
    As above, drop them an email with a pic of the damage. Might be a bad batch.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No, never had an issue. Even back when they used a 4mm hex. The new torx are even better.

How tight were you trying to get them?

Orang-Hutan
    Free Member

[no. that would be silly]

I was referring to using a hex on a torx bolt.

I will send Hope a mail and see what they can do for me.

legend
    Free Member

I was referring to using a hex on a torx bolt.

It’s been done on here before

orangeboy
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve had any problems , only people over tightening them ( more with ti bolts )
    Hope only recomend 5 nm for the bolts

Davesport

I hear you regards the high quality Britool stuff. I’ve got a couple of the socket sets, not any Torx bits though. What I would say is that the variety of Torx bits I have the Makita ones seem to be the best fit in the heads of the Hope disc bolts. Not referring directly to Hope’s bolts; the tolerance on torx bolt heads seems to vary a lot. IE sometimes the bits feel like a sloppy fit in the heads. I guess what I’m saying is try another set of bits & see if they fit any better 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My hope Pro 2 Bolt-on came with very soft stainless bolts. TBH it was probably just over-torque tho. Do you have a torque wrench?

trail_rat
    Free Member

what torque was your wrench set too ?

these things dont need much you know – youll wreck anything if you turn it hard enough.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope Disc bolts’ is closed to new replies.