Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hop Garden 100 Audax
  • BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Completed this yesterday as my first attempt at one. Anyone else have a go?
    Got lost a couple of times and my knees felt like hot concrete by the end, but definitely got the bug for it now!

MoreCashThanDash

How was the audax vibe? Plenty of cafe stops and retired gentlemen ripping your legs off on hills?

Back problems and family commitments have got in the way so far this year, hoping to get a flat 100k in before the summer solstice. Managed my first 200k last autumn and felt very smug telling colleagues where I’d been on my “bike ride”.

dantsw13

I’ve been upping my road mileage this year and have my first 100 miler, the Castle 100 next weekend (Tonbridge, North downs, south to Headcorn, Northiam) and I’m really looking forward to it!

I remember the feeling from completing my first 100k last year – it’s a real buzz!

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Yeah started out feeling quite confident, then said retired gentlemen always seeming to be leaving any stops as we bumbled in!
    All a good learning curve though, you definitely find what works and what doesn’t.
    General vibe was really good though, very friendly. There was a Sportive using roughly the same route and the difference was striking. Very race-y. I think I even got a “Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo” from a passing fred!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hop Garden 100 Audax’ is closed to new replies.