Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Holland – route help from Rotterdam
  • stevew
    Free Member

Hi all

A group of us are heading across to Rotterdam on the ferry on road bikes then riding up to an overnight in Harleem just outside Amsterdam then back for the ferry the next day.

Prob 50 / 60 miles on the first day and less on the second (effects of beer from the night before…).

Thinking the coast road will be good and plenty of online guides etc will steer us – bike route toaster has all of the bike tracks anyway – but looking for any recommendations or advice. Especially for the first part of the ride as leaving the ferry port and getting to the coast road/path does no look straight forward.

Off there next Friday and will plot the route this weekend so any advice would be great.

Thanks all.

Steve

andytherocketeer

Is there a small ferry from Europoort over to Hoek van Holland ?
    If so I’d take that. The road from Europoort to Rotterdam is long flat wide open and mostly oil and fuel storage depots.

Delft and Leiden are nice places to stop off en route if you need food, and are going ever so slightly inland.

irelanst
    Free Member

There is a ferry from Rozenburg over the river – I would definately take that, otherwise it’s getting on for 20miles through industrial areas and Rotterdam centrum until you can get across the river.

The coastal route is quite nice depending on the wind direction! If you are in a big group it gets quite narrow in places (like a footpath rather than road).

mick_r

There are fantastic (by UK standards) bike routes straight from the Europort ferry terminal, but I think they all take you a long way inland before you can cross the river. I’d definitely look into that Rozenburg ferry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Holland – route help from Rotterdam’ is closed to new replies.