Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hit by a car advice needed please
  • njcisca

I was unfortunate to be knocked off my bike by a car last night. Not been in this situation before so looking for some advice as to how to proceed. The driver was at fault hitting me from the exit on my left as I crossed a roundabout. I have his details and he admitted he was at fault and I also have a witness who saw the accident.
    Ive been in touch with the police and they will be getting a statement from me tomorrow. I have quite a few bruises and grazes but also pain in my back and neck, will be seeing my gp to get checked out. Bike is mess – carbon forks cracked, bars and stis damaged. Also need a valuation from lbs for cost of replacement/repair.
    Is it nevassary

njcisca

Oops double post please delete

LardLover
    Free Member

His insurance details and a solicitor. Oh, and a quote for repairs from a bike shop.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jekkyl

Take the week off work to recover, and figure it out.

project
    Free Member

contact a cyclist freindly solicitors cycleaid, bike line etc.

and wait.

Lummox

Get a reference number from the police, also the details of witnesses etc.

Contact a no win no fee solicitor ( seriously)

They will recover your losses, arrange medical assessment ( good if physio required later) and more importantly remove the stress from chasing the drivers insurance.

I used national accident helpline who used a local solicitor.

I know ambulance chasers get bad press but they’re far better option than dealing with the slime balls trying to discredit your claim at the insurance company.

previous similar thread

aracer
    Free Member

http://www.bikeline.co.uk/ – not sure if they count as ambulance chasers, but they’re experts at this sort of thing and will get what you’re entitled to. Then just follow their advice in terms of quotes for bike, getting medical check up etc.

IME even if the driver admits liability at the scene, as they did in my case, the insurance company may still decide to try and avoid paying up and will have to be threatened with court action. Mine was exactly the same as yours (if I’ve understood correctly), I was on the roundabout and a car entering hit me.

(there are other options who I’m sure are as good, but they’re who I used).

aracer
    Free Member

Some good advice here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘hit by a car advice needed please’ is closed to new replies.