Viewing 26 posts - 401 through 426 (of 426 total)
  • Hillsborough – Unlawful Killing.
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Neither is it allocating blame to fans which is the contention under dispute.

Ah, semantics…one of the last refuges…

No, I get you. Look, you thought the final Taylor report was the “last word” till this week. You thought there was no subsequent cover-up. You thought Duckenfield could be tried for perjury after giving evidence to an enquiry that took none under oath. I’d suggest you knew cock-all about the evidence given during the Taylor report, yet you still contested that it was the “last word”. Each time, you thought incorrectly.

And today, you’re asking about a tannoy after you googled something. What phrase did you google btw?

As Northwind questioned earlier, you appear to be trying to introduce doubt with each tack. Is there a reason for this?

Lanesra? Nah, not a chance…he had the decency to be honest about his hatred and never lasted this long trolling a thread.

konabunny
    Free Member

What do you think the cutoff for insight in threads is? Like, has anyone ever said anything smart, useful or funny after about page 8?

outofbreath
    Free Member

You thought Duckenfield could be tried for perjury after giving evidence to an enquiry that took none under oath.

This one’s true, I really didn’t know Taylor was not under oath, and I did suggest perjury as a possible charge against him on that basis. (Assuming he met the other criteria.)

spchantler
    Free Member

Well, that was hard to watch. Should be on iplayer now, I suggest everybody watches it.

chewkw
    Free Member

Since the guilty verdict was announced.

Does that mean the police force is now guilty of murder? The lot of them on duty that day?

I think I heard the news said that the ambulance or emergency service on that day, being slow to response, was also guilty. Guilty of murder?

Since the guilty verdict should the police and emergency personnel spend the remaining of their lives behind bars?

Who should pay for the compensation?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well, that was hard to watch.

I expect so….which is why I didn’t!

allthepies
    Free Member

I watched about an hour of it. Was the first time I’ve seen images of the supporters crushed against the fencing at the front of the pen. Horrible.

MSP

Who should pay for the compensation?

We do, that is the contract of society, we pay for law, order, social provision, education etc and when it goes wrong we pay for its mistakes.

In a functioning democracy we get to choose between those we best feel will provide and honour the provision side of the contract at the ballot box. Unfortunately when the government, mechanisms of governance and the media conspire to twist and hide the truth, then democracy fails to function according to its ideal.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@sp thanks for alerting me to it, downloading now. I imagine now we’ve had the full inquest there is information and footage they can show

toppers3933
    Free Member

It was a very good programme I thought. If you have any interest in the subject then it’s well worth watching. I also didn’t know that it had (almost) happenned there 8 years before.

bails

Have I missed a link? What programme are you referring to?

scandal42
    Free Member

The design of the Leppings Lane end was absolutely shambolic.

As soon as those gates were opened there was only one direction those supporters were heading and that was down the tunnel to the central pens.

The fact there was no guidance or closure of that tunnel had huge implications. The match commander could see the pen could take no more people from his vantage point, yet there was not one communication to that effect from him, as far as I am aware that tunnel remained open even after people were coming over the fences and being pulled into the upper tier.

2tyred

That was difficult to watch, but well made and restrained.

I was 15 at the time and regularly went to games at Celtic park with my friends, in large crowds, and have always found what happened at Hillsborough difficult to deal with.

There are many things to consider when pondering how much football has changed between then and now (for better and worse), but the extent of the establishment’s deceit and callous disregard for the victims of the Hillsborough disaster has finally been laid bare, and it’s important for anyone who votes in Britain.

Does that mean the police force is now guilty of murder? The lot of them on duty that day?

I think I heard the news said that the ambulance or emergency service on that day, being slow to response, was also guilty. Guilty of murder?

Since the guilty verdict should the police and emergency personnel spend the remaining of their lives behind bars?

Does your knee hurt from jerking it so much in reaction to everything?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

On iPlayer here.

For bails.

nealglover
    Free Member

No.

No criminal charges have yet been brought, and no criminal court has found anyone guilty.

No.

No criminal charges have yet been brought, and no criminal court has found anyone guilty.

No.

chewkw
    Free Member

2tyred – Member
    Does your knee hurt from jerking it so much in reaction to everything?

So much reaction? This is because it is all over the news and many people are talking about it even on STW.

Why knee jerk? Those are genuine questions in relation to the law. You lawyer?

It has taken so long even for the law to decide the guilty party(s) why do you think I can understand them in such short time?

According to the news this will be the first step for the family of the victims to decide their next cause of actions, hence I want to know if those people on duty will automatically be considered guilty (very high chances) with whatever charges levy on them.

You want to explain?

nealglover – Member

I agree that no criminal charges has been taken but according news speculation (BBC) the family of the victim is/might consider further actions.

crankboy
    Free Member

The “guilty verdict ” of the Inquest found to the criminal standard that the actions of the Police caused the deaths . but it was not a criminal court there was no criminal charge to be analysed and no criminal conviction comes from it . Aside from corporate manslaughter charges against the south yorkshire police any criminal charge would have to be laid against individual officers and proved so that you can be sure that that individual was guilty of the criminal charge, a much harder evidential task in terms of the bulk of the officers .

nealglover
    Free Member

hence I want to know if those people on duty will automatically be considered guilty (very high chances) with whatever charges levy on them.

No, That’s not how criminal courts work.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“No criminal charges have yet been brought,”

Apart from a pretty large number of criminal charges and a trial 16 years ago.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/trial.shtm

binners

I watched the Hillsborough program last night. Not an easy watch. The thing that struck me was that the rank and file police officers interviewed were victims too. You don’t necessarily see that as the case. But it seems like a lot of the coppers were completely failed by their senior officers, in that they were just left to get on with it, in the face of utter incompetence and inactivity at the top. It was obvious from the program that a lot of them were left deeply traumatised by what they saw

But to compound that, they were then used as pawns by those at the top, to pin the blame on the fans. It was scandalous that after giving honest accounts of what they saw, those accounts were then doctored, without their knowledge, and submitted in evidence in their name, in order to exonerate those who had failed them so spectacularly

outofbreath
    Free Member

“The thing that struck me was that the rank and file police officers interviewed were victims too. You don’t necessarily see that as the case.”

I found the exchange between Duckenfield and Marshall pretty harrowing. You’ve got people being crushed to death outside, but you know if you let them in to relieve the crush there will most likely be deaths inside.

I’m glad I’ll never have to make a judgement like that.

nealglover
    Free Member

“No criminal charges have yet been brought,”

Apart from a pretty large number of criminal charges and a trial 16 years ago.[/quote]

Fair enough, but nobody is going to be sent to prison “for the rest of their life” for “murder” due to a Manslaughter trial that ended 16 years ago and failed to find anyone guilty.

Sandwich

Some people at the top of SY Police deserve to lose their ‘gold-plated’ pensions for their part in that travesty. Paul Widdup MBE, I’m looking at you for starters.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Should be easy to get an ambulance chaser involved though…yes that’s the actual Hillsborough ground and sponsor

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFbZlk3vET2/

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rather tasteless

docrobster
    Free Member

Ha indeed I drive past hillsborough everyday to/from work. That rather large zebra claims advertising went up in the last year I think. Parasites living off the host.

Viewing 26 posts - 401 through 426 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Hillsborough – Unlawful Killing.’ is closed to new replies.