Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • High Roller 2.35 LUST
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Any experience with High Roller 2.35 LUST tyres anyone?
    Are the sidewalls tough?

Dino
    Free Member

Used em alot in the past, good tyre, sidewalls are not that thick so wouldnt use em in the alps etc…
    but fine for general UK use.
    I live in the peaks & never split one 🙂

micky
    Free Member

I run a 2.35 LUST high roller up front on an ST4. Sidewalls seem fine to me. Never had any bother with Maxxis LUST sidewalls to date. Run Advantage, Crossmark and high roller LUST on different bikes at the moment.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Used them for years. Good solid bit of kit. Get the occqasional pinchflat when run on the rear in the Peaks, but never torn one.

sbd16v
    Free Member

i have a feeling i am using the 2.1 but could be wrong

anyway i used it for 9 months last summer/winter never had a single puncture, changed to a set of cross marks the start of this summer because god they roll slow, loved the cross marks for speed but within 10 rides i had a few punctures, so set them up tubeless then 2 rides later slit a side wall.

put the lusts back on and since i have (5 months) have not had a single flat ( now running tubeless)

there is a weight penalty there really heavy and roll really slow, but are very strong imo

Stranga
    Free Member

Been running them tubeless on Hope/Stans flow for over 2 years and never had a problem.

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, just ordered a pair from Stif.

jambon
    Free Member

After a lot of use there is a tendency for the outer to blister off from the casing with the LUST version. It takes a long time though and and most other brands of tyre would have failed long before.
    I’ve never been able to get hold of Super Tacky 42a in LUST which is a crying shame. Sidewalls are thinner and lighter than standard but seem just as tough.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yeap, good tyres. Not as deep as the more modern batch (Rubber Queens and the like) so a little less cushioning, but have run in Spain, Italy and the Alps on an ‘all mountain’ Five – only problem was a flint slicing one open, which I’m not convinced any tyre would have prevented.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘High Roller 2.35 LUST’ is closed to new replies.