Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • high an mighty
  • Todchester
    Free Member

Well not any more! canyon just sold out of the xl spectral al 7.0 EX bummer! The none ex has fox forks on it as well as rear shock a down grade for the same price I feel. ANY WHO! HEARS my question I’m 6ft 3 inch I way rufley 15st with kit and as such have been counted out by most bike builders. The new meta m4 trail looks fab but the review said it might have issues for big er heaven riders. Dose any one else have the same problem as me? have thay found a bike company that sell to giants? Or a shock that will take a bigger rider without losing small bump efficiency?

I never thort I was a giant but aparently in the world of biking I am:-(.

IA

My enduro bike is an XL salsa horsethief, 6’4″ and its gloriously roomy. Lovely bike too.

I’ve an XL Rose Xc bike too – maybe check out their offerings too? Brilliant customer service too.

Todchester
    Free Member

cheers IA, iv been looking at rose bikes but cant find the frame geometry any where?

survivor

I’m liking the look of the numbers on the Bird Aeris including the direct sales price… Gona wait for a test ride and see how the first batches holdup before I commit though.

maccruiskeen

I’m a giant (6’6″) and ride a Banshee Prime. First bike I’ve owned where i don’t have to use all the available seat post. Bit pricy though.

Edit – thats not true – I had Titus X Racer prior to that which was a perfect fit but it was nicked before I had a chance to get it muddy, probably a bit mincy compared to what you’re looking at though.

IA

cheers IA, iv been looking at rose bikes but cant find the frame geometry any where?

Go to a bike, e.g.:

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-uncle-jimbo-1-2014/aid:650359

Scroll down and click the “frame” tab (it loads with the components tab open)

warns74
    Free Member

Any Specialized XL frame should fit fine, Im nearly 6’5″ and 15 stone kitted up and been riding them for 10+ years. Camber (if you want 29), otherwise Stumpjumper, Enduro in both wheel flavours.

TooTall
    Free Member

You’re not that tall and not that heavy. Most bike manufacturers make bikes that would fit you fine, including Giant, Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, OnOne etc. I ride a XXL Turner Sultan and it would probably be too big for you.

bigjim

Transition bikes fit tall people really well, very long reach.

Todchester
    Free Member

Thanks all, I found one woo! it would be nice to see reviews that went a bit more indepth on how the bikes stack up to different sizes. shame yt arn’t doing anything big at the mo.
    What do you guys think to the new geometry vibs that are coming out forward geometry for you?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘high an mighty’ is closed to new replies.