Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Heston Blumenthal?
  • binners

Do you reckon that at some point he’s going to produce a programme on channel 4 where he joints points at the camera cackling hysterically, then, while wiping away the tears screams “YOU COMPLETE ****ING MUPPETS!!! You didn’t think I was serious, did you?! IDIOTS!!!!”.

Before rolling around in a big pile of freeze dried bank note cupcakes? Having just looked at his recipe for cooking chips, it’s the only conclusion I can logically reach

hexhamstu
    Free Member

…….calm down.

daftvader
    Free Member

Heston Blumenthal….. Chef, scientist, twit. Discuss…. 😀

(Edit…just found the swear filter! )

Bregante

I was literally about to press send post on the following

“binners, what the *****ing hell are you doing looking at chip recipes. Surely you’ve taken the long way home past the home of the Jumbo Cod,”

Then I remembered it’s not Friday. It is however the start of my SIX DAY weekend and I’m off to the lakes.

Laters.

Enjoy your chips.

Harry_the_Spider

-End of Thread-

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve used a few of his recipes, all of which I considered to be an improvement on the usual way of doing things. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

All his recipes that I’ve tried are great… **** me though soft boiled scotch eggs are a mission.

binners

Ransos – I’m trying it at the moment. I’m half way through the painstaking process. I’m just getting the increasing feeling he’s sniggering at me

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m just getting the increasing feeling he’s sniggering at me

Just wait until you realised you’ve missed one of the obscure ingredients off your shopping list… yep, it’s only available from a single retailer in Madagascar but it’s ok, you can improvise with the ground tiger penis in the back of the cupboard.

ransos
    Free Member

Ransos – I’m trying it at the moment. I’m half way through the painstaking process. I’m just getting the increasing feeling he’s sniggering at me

I don’t have the time for some of his more involved stuff (the chips recipe for one!), but I tried his recipe for roast chicken (soaked overnight in brine and cooked at a low temperature) and it was a revelation.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Most of the stuff I’ve tried (including the chips) has worked really well and hasn’t been too faffy once I’ve understood what I’m doing.

z1ppy

Indeedy the chicken recipe/instructions works brilliantly, though having watched the series, I know I can’t be bothered with even half the recipes. I do need to try the streak one though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m just getting the increasing feeling he’s sniggering at me

No, that’s the rest of us binbins. All. The. Time.

😆
    😛
    😆
    😛
    😆
    😛
    😆
    😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

surely everyone does the three stage chip method? it is not new and what chefs do anyway

It does work – never bothered with freezer aspect tbh

bikebouy
    Free Member

Who eats chips??

90’s Pollenta pour moi.

Cougar

Mate of mine blogged about his experiences with HB triple-cooked chips (he has a gastroblog). You might like to read it. Or, I suppose, not. Anyway.

http://sybarwand.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/triple-cooked-chips.html

(He’s got more HB-inspired tales here too.)

sootyandjim
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKetG35GEcg[/video]

Keep an eye out for him.

chiefgrooveguru

His mash potato approach saves time and tastes better and leaves you with handy potato skin snacks. Where’s the catch?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve eaten his chips. They are lush.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I’ve eaten in the fat duck. It’s an experience rather than a tasty meal.

He actually came out and served us petite fours. He went to great lengths to explain the flavours in each one. It was a bit like a bad joke – if you have to explain it, it’s not funny…..

I’ve not been back – there’s better experiences to be had for £200.

wrecker
    Free Member

I went to the first help 4 heroes game at twickers a few years ago. I spotted Heston Blumenthal flipping burgers in one of the little shacks. A wealthy, Michelin starred chef giving up his Saturday to do that?
    He’s ok in my book even if he does eat shit sandwiches or whatever.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve not been back – there’s better experiences to be had for £200.

Indeed there are 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m waiting for him to cook up a corned beef hash in the LHC.

Nobber in my book.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Do you reckon that at some point he’s going to produce a programme on channel 4 where he joints points at the camera cackling hysterically, then, while wiping away the tears screams “YOU COMPLETE ****ING MUPPETS!!! You didn’t think I was serious, did you?! IDIOTS!!!!”.

No.

Perhaps the likes of derek_ship would like to share some of his own creative achievements with us, which I am sure must be far superior to anything a mere four-star Michelin chef could rustle up… 🙄

ransos
    Free Member

His mash potato approach saves time and tastes better and leaves you with handy potato skin snacks. Where’s the catch?

Ditto for the cheese sauce. Coating grated cheese with cornflour is quicker and easier than making a roux, and tastes less gloopy.

jimification
    Free Member

This sums up HB’s gastro-science approach quite nicely I think.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tNWYclVn-Q&feature=relmfu[/video]

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Which seems to be: “Good old British. Still very dull with incredibly low expectations of life. Most dreary, boring nation on earth”.

Unless of course the video changed tack after about 1:28…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Mr. W – have you not had any lately. Perhaps you could “help yourself” – may ease the tension?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Heston Blumenthal?’ is closed to new replies.