Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hesitating between fun 120mm 29er HT or 130/140mm 650b
  • d4m00n
    Free Member

Hello,

I’m looking for a new bike project.
    I’m 5’11” and 164lbs and I’m looking for a do it all bike : a little xc, some steep downhills but short ones, concrete ways.

I previously had a grand canyon but felt it was more orientated towards chrono than fun (jumping, speeding in small downs,…).

I’m currently hesitating between a 130mm 650b (On One 45650b/Dartmoor Hornet) or a “fun” hardtail like a On One Parkwood or a Dartmoor Primal 29.
    I like the big wheels for concrete and going alu doesn’t seem to be a problem as the downhills are quite quick around here.
    650b seems to be a nice alternative and I’m not settled between steel and alu.

What are your thoughts about those cornelian questions?

Hicksy
    Free Member

I love my fun 29er hardtail (a Honzo) – it’s the most fun hardtail I’ve had (and as fun as my most funnest full suspension bike). You have to be quite dynamic on it, but that if anything makes it more rewarding. I was a 29er sceptic, but this bike has converted me!

Saying that, I’m sure all the bikes you mention would be fun.

dantsw13

I have a Titus Fireline, the Ti version of the parkwood. It is much better at everything than my C456 was, and I loved that bike too.

d4m00n
    Free Member

Thanks for the pointers.
    I’d love to have a titus ti but i’m on a budget.
    Parkwood was my first choice but with all the 650b craze i really don’t know what to do.

I’d like to go fast on flats but I want an agile bike.

Hicksy : have you tried a 650b like the 45650b?

Hicksy
    Free Member

I’m afraid not – the only 650B bike I’ve ridden was a Bronson – very nice but the wrong size.

danti

Another very happy Fireline owner, very playful/agile, surprisingly good at climbing up steep rocky climbs even with 120mm forks, great descender with the slack head angle.

Easier to keep a momentum once the big wheels are rolling and you’ll fly along on flats.

Isn’t the Parkwood geometry almost the same?

dantsw13

Parkwood is identical geo to the Fireline I believe.

I still have 2 26ers (Heckler and a FTMc) and don’t feel I lose anything in manoeuvrability to them when I’m on my Fireline, so i can’t see what all the 650b shizzle is about. the fireline rolls well, blasts downhill and turns on a dime. Get a Parkwood.

d4m00n
    Free Member

Done ! ^^
    Thanks for help mates

NormalMan

Enjoy the new bike.

Don’t forget go post up your first impressions.

d4m00n
    Free Member

I’ll have it built in feb but I’ll be posting pics and impressions ^^

ryu1720
    Free Member

Had mine for 4 months now absolutely love it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hesitating between fun 120mm 29er HT or 130/140mm 650b’ is closed to new replies.