• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help with new Ti frame build and 30mm crank clearance for stealth seatpost
  • alex2002
    Free Member

Hi All,

So i have sold a kidney and got an amazing Kingdom Ti vendetta frame.

Its internally routed.

I have a 30mm chris king bottom bracked and Raceface SL cranks., it goes without saying i would be devastated if i have to swap them!

The problem i have is internal crank clearance for the cable (post is crank bros highline and non hydraulic)

Im wondering if anyone has come up with a clever solution for this along the lines of a really thin cable casing or something!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think you might need to offer some more detail.

scaredypants

doesn’t the cable exit from the seat-tube above the BB? Seems that’s the common approach
    Are you planning on routing yours right down seat-tube to BB then back up the down-tube? That’s a bloody sharp angle to get round, esp with a cable needing to run around it

shredder
    Free Member

My Vendetta is as above drilled above BB in the seat tube.

TheGingerOne

Are you missing this hole (Vendetta X2)?

alex2002
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

So my frame is not the vendetta x2 its the LS. It doesnt have the hole x2 as pictured on the x2 and is completely internal with the seat post exit is on the upper left downtube

The hose is designed to run above the crank spindle. However with 30mm cranks in there simply isnt enough clearance.

As im running a cable on the post i have tried removing some of the hose and running it without through the BB shell. if i don’t run the hose through the BB it appears (obviously cannot see) that it works perfectly I have three concerns 1) is the cable still hitting my crank spndle. 2) will the damage the frame and or snap the cable on a regular basis!! ! 3). Running a Chris king bottom bracket without the sleeve.

survivor

I’d say the cable will saw through whatever it’s moving over. Nice try but bad idea.

rob2
    Free Member

Can you go the ‘long way round’. ie go behind then under the spindle. The cable outer won’t have to make such a tight turn then and may fit better? Then tape the outer to keep it away from the spindle?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

This might help – different post mind. I admit I don’t understand/follow the issue croll down a little.

http://forums.mtbr.com/components/thomson-dropper-under-saddle-actuation-lever-945384.html

TheGingerOne

The page for the Vendetta LS says ‘Internal hose routing for Stealth or Part Stealth external cable option’. Is this implying that you can’t run a cable internally, only partially whereas you can run a hose completely internally?

neilwheel
    Free Member

I have no experience of these frames, look very nice though, are you sure the base of the seat tube has not been drilled internally but above the BB? So that cable runs straight from down tube to seat tube without passing through the BB shell. It would be a much more relaxed bend for the cable to follow.

alex2002
    Free Member

So i ve found out that the bb shell is 33.9mm. My spindle is 30mm. A cable is 1.1mm i have found a teflon cable liner that is 1.3mm.

If i go around the spindle and tape this i remove the risk of frame damage this should work…….?

To be honest i know the full stealth looks great but i really should of gone with a part stealth!!

Anyone aware of the side effects of not using the bb plastic connector?

5lab

that won’t work as the liner isn’t strong enough to resist the cable compression – the cable would need to be ‘stopped’ at both ends either side of the liner, which I doubt is possible internally. I guess your options are a different crank or different (external) dropper or drilling the frame

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help with new Ti frame build and 30mm crank clearance for stealth seatpost’ is closed to new replies.