Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help with a Specialized Command post please?
  • FOG

Been asked to fettle a mate’s son’s Command post. The cable is completely shot but when I looked at the lever end the cable has a really weird ending, not like a conventional nipple at all. On the Spesh site it shows what appears to be a normal gear size nipple. Is there some obscure variation or has a previous owner stuck whatever he had to hand in? Can I use a conventional gear cable which is what I have used on X- fusion posts?Or am I gong to have to order a special part from a Spesh dealer? Your wisdom would be appreciated.

sharkattack

Normal gear cable in mine and all the others I’ve seen. Nightmare to keep them running smooth though.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The first generation of this post used it’s own unique cable , for the last couple of years they have used a regular gear inner .

Shak47

As a heads up you can get the 1st gen cable from Specialized, but I recall it costs a small fortune, think it was either £25 for the cable alone or you had to buy it with a new lever for a lot more.
    I had an issue with mine and phoned specialized at the time, after speaking to one of their techs I ended up just modding the head on a normal gear cable to fit it. I thought they were taking the mick with the cost of a replacement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help with a Specialized Command post please?’ is closed to new replies.