Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Help! (with a graphic design sort of thing!)
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Hello!

I am basically on the scrounge 😆 My MTB club (newforce) is looking to purchase some flags and I got sort of lumped with doing the design etc, but I am a computer numpty!

I have got the design done but as a BMP file, and that is not good enough to print from. The printer wants a high res PDF!

So, my question is – is there an expert in these things who might be able to sort this for me and some good karma? 😀

Thanks

Robin

theknights.31 AT gmail.com

wwaswas

everything you need to know about free graphic design work;

http://27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

Is there no one in your club who has access to this sort of skillset via their work?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Thanks!
    And it seems not!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It might be worth posting up your .bmp version so that anyone that might be able to help can see what they would be letting themselves in for before putting themselves forward. When I read the original post I thought that could be anything from about 30 minutes to several hours work.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

MW

30+ mins! I was only hoping someone might say – I can do this in 2 mins with some posh software type of thing!

Thanks for this info, and forget I asked! I can’t expect anyone to do this for me!

binners

If you have the design in a BMP format then how was it produced in the first place? Do you have the source artwork? Or can you get it?

Otherwise it means starting from scratch again. Once its saved in lo-res web-friendly form, then its as good as useless print-wise

sm
    Free Member

If its just a file conversion it shouldnt be 30 mins. Where’s the bmp file?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Does no-one bother reading the OP any more? OP’s done the work and just needs a file converting.

sobriety
    Free Member

You can get software that allows you to print to pdf from word, if the logo is going to be small/not blown up you might get away with that.

The one I use is called ‘Microsoft XPS document writer’

wwaswas

just needs a file converting.

but you can’t go from a low res format to a high res one and gain any benefit – the resoultion can’t be added back in…

binners

but you can’t go from a low res format to a high res one and gain any benefit – the resoultion can’t be added back in

This! Smart-arse! 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can someone do it in PowerPoint? 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Does no-one bother reading the OP any more?

Probably guilty of reading between the lines.

If it were already saved as a hires file and purely needed converting then it is indeed a simple job to drop it into illustrator (or all sorts of other packages) and save it out as a pdf. The thing is if it were that simple then i would have thought that any printer worthy of the name would have done it for you.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Thanks guys.. it’s done as a low res thing hence it wont work!

Now trying to get some more cash for a proper job – no point in doing it badly..

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Look, this is STW, you’re supposed to comment on things you know nothing about…

*whistles out of thread*

Militant_biker

Ciderinsport – as per my email, send me the file and I’ll take a look at it.

Rick

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Post up the original so I can see how complex it is and whether I could quickly re-create it in a suitable format…

binners

Look, this is STW, you’re supposed to comment on things you know nothing about…

A Fair point! I must have somehow forgotten where I was for a minute. Sorry. As you were!

Pook

post the original. someone will sort it.

IT’S THE ONLY WAY.

Militant_biker

He emailed it to me. I sorted it. It took about 10 minutes to recreate in Illustrator, including the time to whatthefont the original text.

8)

MrsToast
    Free Member

But did you add rainbows and spokey dokeys?

wwaswas

just needs the club name added.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Militant Biker

Thank you very much for your time and effort 😀

If ever you are down this way and fancy a ride (and a pint!) give me a shout!

Robin

ciderinsport
    Free Member

ps. this is what it looks like! Watch out for us at races next year!

newforceflag33 by ciderinsport, on Flickr

Militant_biker

If ever you are down this way and fancy a ride (and a pint!) give me a shout!

Will do!

…where are you based? 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why is it a deer and not a new forest pony?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

DD, the deer are more fun to chase 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Help! (with a graphic design sort of thing!)’ is closed to new replies.