Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help needed with Sony Satnav
  • sputnik
    Free Member

I bought a Sony Satnav at a bootsale over the weekend. It works fine and all that but I did not get the Desktop application CD with it that let you sync it with your PC. I have looked online for this and on the Sony support page but all that I can find is the update. When I try and install that I get a message that says I need the original. If someone can please email it for me(compressed) then I will be very grateful.

Flaperon

What model is it? My disk is for the U73/U93. The other thing is that it's a DVD and has copies of all the maps on it. There's no way that it's going to email across, compressed or not.

sputnik
    Free Member

Hi Flaperon, mine is the NV-U72TW. It has the whole of Europe/UK maps on it. Just after the drivers/desktop app so the whole DVD with maps and all will be overkill! Do you actually use your unit in cojunction with your PC much? I guess I can live without it syncing with the PC for since the maps are 2005 ones(how much can it change in 4 years?)

Flaperon

Well, there's no practical benefit to syncing it with the PC. The software lets you add languages to the unit and replace/delete maps. That's it. I've only ever synched mine up once, and that was to put the speed camera info on.

You don't need Sony's software to do that if you buy a subscription – you'll need to install Activesync from Microsoft and then the downloaded app does the rest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help needed with Sony Satnav’ is closed to new replies.