Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help me plan a great day out in Edinburgh
  • franksinatra

…please.

Me and Mrs S heading up on the new train on Wednesdaty for her birthday. I’m currently in bad books so need to treat her to a good day. We used to live in Edinburgh and still go out there quite a bit so hav ticked off the usual outings. Any suggestions for great lunches, interesting galleries or exhibitions or other ways to spend 5 or 6 hours?

Ta

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheap hotel? Then 4 hours and 55 minutes of awkward silence. 4 hours and 50 minutes if you do it twice.

jodafett

I’m currently in bad books so need to treat her to a good day.

Have you increased n+1?

cbike
    Free Member

Get the Train to Glasgow and go see “Dragon” at the Citz?

Otherwise its just museum of scotland/gallery/sheep hied inn/cramond/botanics/edinburgh dungeon/castle (Stirling is better)

wanmankylung
    Free Member

She’s a doc isn’t she? There must be a medical type exhibition kicking about somewhere. Then go to Burke and hare just to follow on with the theme.

franksinatra

Cheap hotel? Then 4 hours and 55 minutes of awkward silence. 4 hours and 50 minutes if you do it twice.

It is exactly that sort of suggestion that has got me in the bad books in the first place

thv3
    Free Member

If she is a doc, hasn’t the Surgeons Hall museum just opened after a major refurbishment?

jimmy

check out “timeout”. often posters around the city for “do one thing this week” which i often think “that would be great if i didn’t need to get home and change nappies”.

Otherwise, Falko for coffee and cake. Accept no substitute.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Mums on Forrest Road for lunch then drinks at the Trongate.

No need to thank me…

(make her feel [insert appropriate fraction here] her age by living it up like a student)

JoeG
    Free Member

If she’s a doctor, have her write a prescription for some Rohypnol 8)

rickmeister

Pop out to east lothian, walk on the beach, fly kites and falko in gullane or steampunk in Dunbar..

if you have been in the city, get out of it a bit !

iainc

Had a cracking brunch in Tribeca yesterday, wandered across The Meadows, even snuck a wee wander into The BicycleWorks and Edinburgh Bike Co on way past (Daughter is in a student flat just beside BicycleWorks 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If at first you don’t succeed…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help me plan a great day out in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.