Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me, I'm in London!
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Currently staying in Greenwich but need to be north of the river ready to get on M1 for journey home later this afternoon. Would like to see some of the sites whilst I’m here but don’t know where’s best to dump car and get on tube. Any suggestions from locals?
    Cheers…

kimbers

get the ferry from grenwich to waterloo, pootle along the soth bank, check out the tate modern, head over millenium bridge to st pauls, climb up monument?

stumpy01

The closest station to dump the car at for the m1 would probably be Stanmore on the end of the Jubilee line.
    But getting from Greenwich to Stanmore in the car is quite a trek, let alone then getting the tube back in from there.

wisepranker
    Free Member

From Greenwich, get to Tower Bridge, go over the bridge and aim for Kingsland Road, the A10. Keep following it north until you get to the A406, follow this westbound round to the A41, A41 north and follow the signs for Stanmore then park at the station.
    Shouldn’t take much more than 45 minutes this time of day.
    One word of warning though, with the NFL game at Wembley today, people will start to do the same thing and go sight seeing before heading to the game. The car park might get busy quickly today.

aP
    Free Member

When’s the NFL game on? Just thinking about getting back from the Supercross at AllyPally this evening.

4ags4
    Free Member

Park for free at Brent Cross shopping centre – straight on to M1 J1.
    10 min walk to tube – Northern line straight into town.
    Keeps you out of the way of Wembley for NFL and not to forget Chelsea v Man U this aft!!

dokta
    Free Member

+1 Brent cross car park.
    Its on the side of A406(North circular) and next to M1, quick access to Brent cross station (Highfield avenue) and straight into city with Northern line. It depends on your particular interests what you fancy in London. I would suggest Madame JoJo :-).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me, I'm in London!’ is closed to new replies.