Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help me hurt myself – beginner BMX
  • kelron
    Free Member

I’d like to get myself a 2nd hand BMX but I have no idea what to look for. Budget would be £50-100 so I can’t be too picky.

I’m 6’2 and have never ridden BMX so whatever I get is going to take some getting used to. I see there’s longer top tube frames for taller riders but how much am I really going to notice this, as it seems rare to find them 2nd hand?

Green

I’ve just put mine up for sale over on the classifieds if you can stretch to £125.

21.25TT, which I think should suit your height from what I’ve read online.

oikeith

TBH £100 might not get you too much for your money, but heres my advice.

I’m 6’1 and ride a 21 inch toptube which id suggest for you, then look for bars which are 8 inches or more tall and about shoulder width.

As for the rest of the bike, 3 piece cranks and a working brake too and of course wheels that spin! The rest of the stuff isn’t too expensive to replace if needed.

kelron
    Free Member

Green – thanks but I really don’t want to stretch my budget this close to Christmas.

I do see quite a few come up within budget on gumtree/eBay so I suppose what I want to know is how much difference it would make if the bike is small for me?

Any BMX is going to so far off what I’m used to, is an extra half an inch of top tube going to be noticeably more comfortable or is it just obsessing over geometry when I could be riding?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help me hurt myself – beginner BMX’ is closed to new replies.