Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me drag my arse out – regular rides around or near-ish to Ciren?
  • IHN

I don’t ride my bike enough; I’ve basically got out of the habit.

I’d like to find a group that gets out regularly that I can join. I reckon if I have a set evening each week that I get out riding, and a group of people to call me a lazy ****t if I don’t, then it’ll help me get the motivation back.

Not really bothered if it’s a formal ‘club’ (I’m going to have a look at Bigfoot, SwindonMTB and ‘Nam and County) or just a group that gets out on a regular basis.

So, who/what’s about?

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Hi – I’d certainly recommend Bigfoot, although I used to be the Chairperson so I probably would 😉

There are regular weekday rides of various grades up on the website (you’ll need lights of course) but you might want to start off with an Intro ride which are run about once a month especially to welcome lapsed brothers back into the fold (and new riders)… Get in touch via the Contact page if you’d like to know more:

http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk/

If you can get out two or three times a week the easier it’ll be though, it’s just a shame that we’ve not got much local riding, although you’re welcome to try out this loop I was shown:

http://connect.garmin.com/course/2284998

It’s ideal if you’re looking for some riding from the front door, it’s based on Bridle ways too so it’s all legit. Good luck with getting your mojo back!

Andrew.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I think your closest would be Swindon MTB club.Bigfoot ride forest one week Royal William the next?Thats what they use to do.See them down the forest quite a bit.

Start your own Cirencester rough riders 😆

itsup
    Free Member
    IHN

Cheers chaps.

pushbikerider – Yeah, I know that loop (plus some longer extensions to it). It’s quite entertaining considering it’s not that long.

dobie – Swindon seem to have their regular meet on a Friday, which may not sit well with High Command….

itsup – does that group have a regular ride? Difficult to tell from the Facebook stuff.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m not on FB but there is a Stroud based bunch SOS Stroud Off road Squad who apparently meet early every Sunday.
    I’m in the same boat as the OP but have a mountain of DIY taking priority, should free up in New year, hopefully…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me drag my arse out – regular rides around or near-ish to Ciren?’ is closed to new replies.