Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help me do a good deed…..
  • Legoman
    Free Member

My daughter was playing out on her bike yesterday & I noticed her little friend’s bike was in a pretty poor condition.
    Her friend is a really nice kid, but comes from slightly difficult background (no Dad around etc).

Anyway I managed to sort a few things on her bike but it needs a new front tube (20″) and a brake cable, neither of which I had. Could do with both tyres replaced too.

Anyway, thought I’d appeal to the charitable folk of STW and see if anyone had some bits gathering dust they might donate. Happy to pay postage or make a contribution (I’ll finish up buying the stuff anyway if no one can help)

Cheers in advance.

nasher
    Free Member

Good on yer… Btbh you can buy thisevitems cheaper than postage in halfords

garage-dweller

What Nasher said.
    See also Decathlon (if you have one nearby), Wiggle etc.

Sandwich

I’ll have a gander in the tube box at work. We might have a couple of 20″ tubes going spare. Cable inner and outer? I’ll need the outer length as it will be cut from a reel.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Wilkinson do cheap bike bits too

nickjb
    Free Member

Or tesco

Legoman
    Free Member

Cheers Sandwich, inner only, outers looked OK (and were a weird pink &white glittery colour, so Might look a bit odd if I just changed one!)

Others – yeah, your probably right but doubt I’ll have time to go into town & was hoping to fix it up for her next weekend.

czthompson

Where abouts are you?

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Ditto here. Where abouts are you?

Legoman
    Free Member

Just outside St Albans, Hertfordshire

Legoman
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd…

Scapegoat

I’ve got a 20 inch tube that never became a ghetto tubeless. Email me your address and it’s on its way. wholestonedave AT aol DOT com

Legoman
    Free Member

Nice one Scapegoat – just emailed you.

Sandwich

No 20 inch tubes in the box. We must have got shot when we sold the kids bikes. Email in profile for the brake inner.

Legoman
    Free Member

Cheers Sandwich – YGM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help me do a good deed…..’ is closed to new replies.