Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help identifying Reba part (air spring)
  • gp
    Free Member

Hi – what is this part called and what does it do?

I have a pair of 2010 Reba xx’s – the wiper seal keeps popping so I took apart the air spring and this part is split. I’m not sure it could casue an air leak as it looks more like a bumper?

But I’ll need a new one anyway.. The Sram parts list says it should be part of the reba service kit (11.4015.320.000) – but pics of the kit don’t show that part..

Thanks

slinkybike
    Free Member

I have only seen that as part of a complete air assembly chances are the air assembly has failed anyway if you are getting air by pass into the lowers. It could be the seal which stops air getting into the lowers or the crimp which holds the air assembly together.

gp
    Free Member

Thanks – do you know what that part does?

andysmiff1
    Free Member

I’d say that’s the top-out bumper to prevent the “clunk” on top out. My reba’s had a similar fault to yours – was the o ring in the baseplate between the uppers and lowers – the o ring seals the spring leg/rod.

Don’t know the part number as had spares from a donor fork anyway.

Andy

gp
    Free Member

The o’rings all seem to be in the right place (i.e they’re not loose/popped off)..

It was all nicely lubricated/greased so I guess I should replace all of the o’rings etc to see if that helps?

In the mean time I will try to find a repplacement bumper.

teasel
    Free Member

You could try asking TFT if they have any. Or the local Loco.

gp
    Free Member

good thinking, I will do…

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Check the one in the baseplate – I just nicked mine enough to let air past when re-installing the air spring assembly after removing a travel spacer.

I couldn’t see any damage to mine until I stripped it down enough. First thing I knew it had gone was after trying to pump the forks up and the scraper seal on the stanchion popped up.

Andy

gp
    Free Member

OK – will do, there must be something wrong. thanks!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

GP drop me an email tomorrow and I have a look to see if I got old (but good nick) bumper in my recycle parts fork tub.

gp
    Free Member

Finely tuned ride have sorted me out with a bumper, thanks Rob! Very kind and some good tips in your email too..

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

no worrys posted today so should be with you in the next few days.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help identifying Reba part (air spring)’ is closed to new replies.