Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help finding a new camelbak rucksack
  • mrflaky
    Free Member

Due to getting carried away with new brakes for the mountain of hell I am left with sod all cash to get a new hydration pack, only have about 40-50 quid left from the wife’s approved budget! Before I spent all my cash on a set of XT brakes I was going to get a Fox Oasis pack, but a bit pricey now!

Just wondering if anyone had ideas on decent value for money packs, could do with being over 5 litres (not the bladder 🙂 the whole pack)and ideally have somewhere I can attach a helmet.

Had a look at CRC and wiggle but just wondering if there was anywhere else that are doing good deals?

hunta

Looks like Evans are doing the Charge LR for £47 (here) at the moment. I’ve got one and for hydration it’s great – much better positioning than the traditional vertical sausage shape.

Not huge capacity (7L) but plenty of space for multitool, pump, couple of inner tubes, snacks, phone, small waterproof etc. No dedicated helmet facility but you could clip it off the back pocket.

crftom
    Free Member
    stumpy01

Osprey Syncros 10 is about £50 from CRC. Not sure if it comes with a bladder or not…

PaulD
    Free Member

Decathlon.

PaulD

Tom83

Merlin Camelback sale.

Haha just noticed they’re all female specific!

MarkyG82

I have a berghaus Remote 8+4. Great price. Can be expanded (see ‘8+4’). Has a pull out thingy for a helmet. Some external pockets for stuff. And a ‘slot’ inside for a bladder. It rel comfy too.

mtbfix

+1 for the Charge LR. I’ve had one for a month and think it is great. However I’d not be confident trusting a helmet to the pocket buckle. But there are no doubt other work arounds for that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help finding a new camelbak rucksack’ is closed to new replies.