Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Help, brand new reverb wont compress
  • st

Fitted a new reverb stealth and it won’t compress at all.

Ive shorted the house and fitted it all in place and it wasn’t working. Ive bled it, still not working. I checked the air pressure and it was around 200 psi so I topped it up to 250, still not working.

Ive let all the air out, no joy.

Ive tried the seatclamp as loose as possible whilst still gripping the post and it makes no difference.

Before I complain and get ready to send it back is there anything obvious I should be checking?

Ta.

godzilla
    Free Member

have you adjusted the speed, with the +-> knob?

legend
    Free Member

was it working before you chopped the hose?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Bleed the button again?

st

Twiddling with the sped knob does nowt, it won’t budge downwards at all. I didn’t think to try it before fitting so don’t know if it worked before I tinkered.

Currently on another bleed.

robhughes
    Free Member

Did you follow this to the letter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRlj_JJ8t0

Gribs

It either needs bleeding properly or it’s broken.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I had this, bleed it again and pay close attention to bleed procedure including adjusting speed knob.

st

Cheers all. I was using the pdf download of the bleed instructions which doesn’t detail the final tweaks in the same way as that video.

After a third bleed and half a bottle of fluid soaking into rags (it p*sses out of the lever syringe every time I disconnect it). I’d decided to cut my losses and packed it back into the box and am about to download a returns form for the shop.

I may have another go following the video although it’ll be a tester as I’ll do it out of the frame so if it does work it’ll need doing again after that!

It’s such a pain though as with the hose threaded through the frame the bleed process is so much more tricky! Wish I’d checked the function as soon as it came out of the box and would have done had it been a regular version which didn’t need disconnecting to fit it into the frame.

I have bled a Reverb before, my old one and that went fine.

It just seems so strange that it won’t budge at all, I wouldn’t have imagined that air in the system would have caused this.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Does the lever move when the hose is disconnected?

st

the lever compresses fine, it’s the post that won’t budge, set up for another go at bleeding it now. Off the bike this time.

st

Boom!

Sorted, bled in the stand, textbook and the post started working, disconnected the lever, fed the hose through the frame, reconnected and it still worked so no need for another bleed.

Thanks everyone.

scruff
    Free Member

tw4t.

postierich
    Free Member

🙂

st

😳

snakebite
    Free Member

thank god for that, hate to think it will play up this weekend in Grizedale, really would be a toys r out of the pram moment!

Chainline
    Free Member

I’ve had this before as well…sometimes you just have to persevere, particularly at the lever end I find.

robhughes
    Free Member

Glad the link was of help.Easy when you know how to bleed them proper. 😉

postierich
    Free Member

thank god for that, hate to think it will play up this weekend in Grizedale

thought it was weird getting a dropper for the Chase 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Help, brand new reverb wont compress’ is closed to new replies.