• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ji.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help: Boardman XC frame – what mech hanger please?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I just bought flawless Chris Boardman Team 2008 frame from Halfrauds for just £109. It's going to be my new winter bike build – exciting!

But it doesn't have a mech hanger and they didn't have any in stock.

I can't work out which one is needed from the Internet. If anyone has one of these, can they show me which one to get please?

cheers

wombat

This is the rear mech of my Boardman XC Pro, think they're the same but not completely sure…hope this helps

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

X0 blackbox – very very nice!

I think it looks like #12 in this shot from car and cycle dot net.

BTW. How are you getting on with the bike?

ji
    Free Member

I have a BETD 105 as a replacement. Haven't actually fitted it, but am fairly sure its the right one. http://www.betd.co.uk seems to list a few for the Boardmans though, including 147 183 184 185 and 186 though…?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

This is BETD #105:

The other "boardman" hangers on the BETD site are very different looking.

I think the BETD #105 looks like carandcycle #11

ji: Sorry to doubt you, but have ever actually taken the existing mech of your Boardman to compare it with BETD #105?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I got 2 in my local Halfords (Wells) for £15. It's now a standard stock item apparently.

Whoo hoo!

ji
    Free Member

Not yet, but will do so now as I have only just bought it…

ji
    Free Member

Hmm – not a Halfords 'knocker', but the mech hanger they sold me is indeed the wrong one. Not amused. Will take it back and try again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help: Boardman XC frame – what mech hanger please?’ is closed to new replies.