Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmet mounted lights.
  • hopster
    Free Member

What do the collective think is the best light for 100quid. Needs to be light and compact to be used in conjunction with a bar mounted light. Run time around 2.5 hours.

Over to you.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

seen the exposure spark with helmet mount and charger for bang on £99! tempted myself if that light ive ordered off the cheapo PSA lumen thread….may be worth trying that first for £5 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

100 quid? – i'd get 2 fenix L2D's.

1 with the 'spot' reflector, 1 with the 'flood' reflector.

that would give you about 200 lumens for about 4 hours*.

i like to have the brightest light on my handlebars, so that any bumpy trail features will cast long shadows that i can see easily.

if the light on your head is too powerfull, these shadows get filled in – you can't see them, so trail features get harder to see.

imho etc.

(or about 400 lumens for 2 hours, or about 100 for 8 hours, or mental combination of lights and flashes and strobing and light intensities and run-times)

brassneck

The Bastid is avaialable with headmount – you can get 2 for £100 from DX or 1 and a bit from magicshineuk.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Bast!d on low beam works for me. Doesn't drown out the one on the bars running on full beam.
    These universal mounts are great for head mounting either a torch or the std bar mount bast!d.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

where is the bast!d ligth on deal extreme? i cant see it anywhere? can you link me to it and to the mount please ecky????

🙂

mdb
    Free Member

Go for the new Exposure Joystick. Bit more than £100 but well worth it IMHO.

Jamie
    Free Member

I spent £10 on a tesco 1w torch 2 years ago. Still going strong.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the new joystick exposure one is 164 with helmet mount

bit more than i wanted to pay, must be something similar on dealextreme?? any links?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Didzy,
    This (head)
    and
    This (bar)
    are the oft referred to bast!d lights.
    Personally I like the universal mount (linky was in my earlier post)in preference to the one supplied with the "head" version.

You can also get spare battery packs and extension cables from DX now.
    extension cable
    Sorry can't find the spare battery to link it at the mo.

Hope that helps

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers ecky appreacite the effort 🙂

the two you linked above both look the same lights? i was after more like a torch type one for the head, something kinda flat where as those 2 both look like bar type ones??? thats what i more specifically after? any ideas on those types on there? again thanks for the help 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Are DealExtreme actually shipping the bike lights now then?

I have the old version of this on my helmet http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29549. Love it, so light you don't know it's there. Bought before all the DX stuff was popular, but i like the fact spares are easily available and the build quailty is excellent.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helmet mounted lights.’ is closed to new replies.