Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hedge cutter
  • yetidave
    Free Member

Been given a hedge cutter (Black and Decker), which works fine. I have now noticed that one of the bolts on the blade is missing. After a bit of an internet search, I can’t find one..(the bolt assembly has a special washer to act as a spreader between the blades, so I can’t just replace it with a simple bolt as it stops the blades moving. experiments with not doing the bolt up tight have been unsuccessful…)

Was thinking of nipping to the tip tonight and seeing if the big pile of broken ones has the right bolts, otherwise, where can I get something like this from?

Houns

Does it work ok without? If so I’d check the other bolts to make sure they’re nipped up and just use it. Obviously at my own risk.

I wonder if the washer is still between the blades? Can you hear it sliding about when tilt the trimmer?

Houns

Also see if another manufacturer does same spare for their kit, see if it matches?

https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/garden-forestry-equipment/stihl-hedge-trimmer-spares.html

sands
    Free Member

yetidave – Member
    … where can I get something like this from?

You could try here (find the model number first e.g. GT450)

Boston Mowers B and D Hedgetrimmer parts

Cougar

Bolt and two nuts? So they nip up against each other rather than the blade?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bolt and two nuts?

*snigger*

yetidave
    Free Member

not enough space to slide a nut in the hole in the blade without drilling it out. Was thinking of finding some tubing and make a spacer. it does still work without this, but does not cut well in the area of the missing bolt as the cutting parts are not that close together (5mm at rest maybe more under load).

redthunder
    Free Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hedge cutter’ is closed to new replies.