• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hels.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Hebden Bridge, not only a biking mecca, but a mecca for ladies..
  • hisdog
    Free Member

… who like ladies. Apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16962898

Does Blazin’ Saddles sell a lot of Spesh Mykas?

ton

🙄

emsz
    Free Member

Old news, read about it in Diva ages ago, comes top in polls on line for best place to live for LGBT

hisdog
    Free Member

Old news

Yeah, I know, it’s had the (tongue in cheek) reputation for donkeys’ years. I just think it’s kind of amusing that an archtypical ‘grim up north’ ex-milltown is some sort of hippified free-lovin’ paradise 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Quote from the article: “Amy feels safe holding her girlfriend’s hand in Hebden Bridge”

Makes it a touch more civilised than Oxford then.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think it also has the largest population of witches too in the UK… or is that Todmorden?

emsz
    Free Member

Nods as muppetwrangler. I know what you mean. 🙄 who’d have thought.

Still everything has an upside, it’s turned gf a bit militant and we’re holding hands recklessly, tesco, pub…you name it!! LOL

Mister-P
    Free Member

I thought this was the only mecca ladies were interested in.

Sue_W
    Free Member

it’s turned gf a bit militant and we’re holding hands recklessly …

😆 😆

Quote of the year so far for me – thanks Esmz!

(Has bizarre mental picture of reckless handholding techniques …)

emsz
    Free Member

Sue w it’s not funny. LOL

Everywhere!! And stares at people like defying them to say anything. LOL

redfordrider
    Free Member

Finally, a good news story from Hebden Bridge. Much better than recent reports http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/why-has-hebden-bridge-become-suicide-central-1811034.html

timc
    Free Member

Hebden’s pr guys deffo gets it ‘noticed’ lesbians, smackheads, suicides, mountain biking, get a golf course & a sammon lake & it will be giving scotland a run for its money 😈

totalshell

you might also find that the wearing of tie dyed t shirts.. skirts with bells at the hem.. sandals and dreadlocks are compulsory.. wooden jewellry predominates as do lurchers on leads made from bailing twine..
    blazing saddles is something of a haven thank god..( lurchers have to be tied up outside with yer bike)

martinhutch

Finally, a good news story from Hebden Bridge. Much better than recent reports http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/why-has-hebden-bridge-become-suicide-central-1811034.html

We await the Mail on Sunday special feature conflating these two things…

iDave
    Free Member

emsz, I’m in Chipping Norton all week, I think you’d both be dunked in the village pond here, it’s a bit retromentalist.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Its a lovely relaxed place! Where me and Binners live is the same Emsz, actually thinking about it where I lived in Darwen was….

…..perhaps I need to be telling Binners the truth that he’s my ‘beard’ actually what’s the equivalent?

maccruiskeen

what’s the equivalent?

Fruit Fly? no thats wrong.

Little Dutch Boy?

Lez Beau?

emsz
    Free Member

Bagpuss weirdly I’ve heard people use beard for both.

idave, sometimes I wish I could laugh about it, 99% of people couldn’t give a monkeys about who you want to hold hands with, but you can never be sure whos going to shout or stare or spit on you 🙄

Hebden bridge sounds quite nice all of a sudden

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Hasn’t it got the highest proportion of residents with postgraduate degrees or something?

binners

Whats all this beard business then?

Hebdon is a bloody great place. You do see the odd one or two full on, scary ….

mt
    Free Member

“Hebden bridge sounds quite nice all of a sudden”

Don’t believe everything you read. Mythomroyd, now that’s the place.

emsz
    Free Member

Binners there’s a club we go to occasionally, there’s quite a few butch doms there. Can get a bit scary LOL

allthegear
    Free Member

I have a checked SuperDry shirt, does that count??

Rachel

hels
    Free Member

I asked a gay friend once what the male equivalent of “Fag Hag” is (apols if that expression is outdated, all in jest) and he came up with “Hag Fag”. Which was not a very nice thing to say and I gave him a good telling off, but quite funny…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge, not only a biking mecca, but a mecca for ladies..’ is closed to new replies.