Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Heathrow – Government says yes to runway 3
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Battle lines being drawn in the ‘burbs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7829676.stm

GrahamS

Yep – last night on Radio 4 there was some guy from the Yes campaign trying to defend it by attempting to persuade the guy from Greenpeace that it would mean less pollution.

stuckinarut
    Free Member

new slots were "green slots" used by only the "cleanest planes"

What planes would these be then?

aP
    Free Member

Probably not the very noisy ones that landed at between 12.30 and 1.00am this morning then.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The Gov will just do a land grab — Remember the fuss for the M6 toll ?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Surely there isn’t enough airspace to get many more planes in to Heathrow even with an extra runway? I can see the argument that there should be less stacking or planes just flying round London waiting to land thus less pollution but it does seem an extreme way.

Not living in the capital for such a long time I’m not sure whether I feel this is good or bad.

Not sure why this bit of land Greenpeace has bought will be such a stumbling block – government issues mandatory purchase order, we’ve enough civil servants to plough through the individual inch chunks ‘owned’ by various people – sure it’ll take a month longer than otherwise but hardly a spanner in the works…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Heathrow – Government says yes to runway 3’ is closed to new replies.