Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Headphones for sports?
  • krixmeister

Looking for recommendations on general use in-ear headphones, that also work well when cycling (I’m not going there with this post- you guys please don’t!!!) and running. My go-to headphones are the Apple in-ear ones (like this), but I’ve found they seem to last exactly 13 months before sweat (I guess) gets to them, and inevitably one ear will stop working, or they will get intermittent.

I like the sound and fit of the Apple phones, and don’t mind paying around their price, but would like something that lasts 2-3 years.

Any recommendations?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The jaw bones that play the sound through your head. Nothing in your ear to get sweaty and you might hear something….

krixmeister

The bone-conducting ones do look interesting for sports, and I hadn’t considered them. I was hoping for a set that I could also use for general-purpose – and I understand (maybe I’m wrong) that the bone-conducting ones are more audible by the people around you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can’t hear much when they are off my head

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the future is the Bragi Dash. If it ever makes production … looks like it will before xmas.

up to know I’ve tried a lot of different ones, for me they need a mic to take calls too but in terms of music while sweating the over ear ones are the only ones that truly stay attached, sometimes the ear piece might come out slightly but at least they don’t fall off if hooked over the ear.

My current ones don’t do the job badly but they really could do with ear hooks – Bowers and Wilkins set.

Daffy

Bose in-ear noise cancelling headphones are perfect for cycling in. They cut out ambient noise such as wind allowing you to use lower volume and you can still hear the traffic. The different sized cups practically glue them to my ears.

windyg
    Free Member

I use Soundpeats Qv7’s cheap and cheerful bluetooth in ear headphones, they get decent reviews against more expensive brands, they come with various hook options as well.

prawny

I’ve got some taotronics Bluetooth jobs of Amazon for about £15, for cheap Bluetooth in ears they sound fantastic. If they last 12 months I’ll be happy, and buy another pair exactly the same.

I sold my shure in ears after I’d had these a couple of weeks, they were redundant.

Edit- the sound peats look very similar, probably from the same factory. And the Bragi dash do look fantastic, but I do struggle to see what all that extra money would get me (I don’t swim currently)

nickc

I use which ever cheap over ear phones that are on the end aisle at Tesco, for the reasons you point out, they get sweaty, they get rain in them and break and/or get bunged up, and I tend to loose them. I don’t mind shelling out £6.00 every year or so…

gummikuh

Don’t know why, but TK MAXX always has loads of headphones on the racks.
    Seem to be fairly OK brands.
    No Affiliation to the store.

Rio

Nothing I’ve tried is truly sweatproof but I’ve managed to get 3 years’ running/cycling use out of some Philips Actionfit waterproof ones that you can rinse under the tap after use. I’m currently using Plantronics Backbeat Fit bluetooth headphones which are great (not having the cable to get in the way makes a suprisingly big difference particularly when running) and can also be rinsed but I can’t comment on the longevity yet – only had them about 3 months.

Travis

I have the Bose in ear, but without the noise cancelling.
    I didn’t want to carry the little box for it.

I have weird ears, so normal bud ones fall out.
    The bose are great, fit wonderfully. Could be a tad more bass, but on the whole I am very pleased with them.
    They seem so far, quite resilient to sweat as well.

Only suitable for mp3 or just music playback.
    Mine don’t have the ability to take a phone call if you are using your phone for music.
    I chose this option, as I don’t want to answer a call whilst I’m training.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Headphones for sports?’ is closed to new replies.