Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Headphone jack snapped off inside my phone :(
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

Thought my phone was on the blink all week, couldn’t take calls, or could take them but then just not hear the other end, they could hear me fine. Discovered that a headphone jack had severed off inside the headphone hole. It’s all the way in, and i need some ideas on how to get it out.
    Really small tweesers and super glue on toothpick are the best ideas ive come up with.

jota180
    Free Member

Matchstick + Super Glue

hainman
    Free Member

Smash phone….claim handset insurance,get brand new phone….or take it to phone shop and pay someone to open it up and remove earfone jack,they click in pretty tight so i would reckon you’ll struggle with the superglue idea but if theres any of it sticking out you may get some luck with a small pair if long nose pliers….

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Superglue

trail_rat
    Free Member

what phone ?

meehaja
    Free Member

solder it out? (as in melt a little bit of wire onto en of jack… let it harden and pull?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I like the solder idea but you’d have to be very careful not to solder it solid IN the socket or melt the case or wires around it.

spooky_b329

Can’t see you getting the jack hot enough to solder without damaging the phone.

Can you get the cover off the back? Might be easier from inside assuming its not an ‘unreplaceable’ battery phone.

An epoxy type glue like evostick on a match stick might be better as superglue is quite brittle, the epoxy type is thicker and more gooey.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Headphone jack snapped off inside my phone :(’ is closed to new replies.