Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Headline News…………Snow Down South…!
  • Swelper
    Free Member

That’s it headline news now that anything South of Leeds has snow…….

Bless em those Southerners

Runs for cover…… 😯

GrahamS

Snowmageddon as London gets over an inch of snow. 😀

BBC calls in Ray Mears and an arctic expedition leader for futile advice.

IanMunro
    Free Member

More importantly do deep fat fryers still work at -22C?

cheviots
    Free Member

Yesterday morning as watching the news to catch an up to date local weather forecast the footage swapped from Northumbria, with well over a foot of snow, to somewhere in the promised land (London Village) showing a reporter telling us that there was snow forecast for later in the day although there isn’t any yet!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Light frost and a dusting of pretty snow down here in Southampton.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Light frost and a dusting of pretty snow down here in Southampton.

really? there’s not over here!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Seriously. Up by the general hospital there isn’t even a coating of snow on my car that has been parked outside all day.

Pond is frozen about 2 cm but that’s it. I reckon this snow stuff is a ploit by everyone else to make me stay at home.

cranberry
    Free Member

After watching the “national” news this morning I placed a call to International Rescue – have the Thunderbirds not turned up yet to save London from the White Death Apocalypse Terror?

Perhaps they are busy on Tracey Island getting waxed, buying man-bags and drinking frapuccinos.

white101

my head office in Guildford berated me yesterday for not posting something to them on Monday, I sent them pictures of my garden and the 14-16inches of snow, which meant I couldn’t get to the office to post said item.
    Reply was sent to me at 3.22pm ‘ going home now as traffic is building up as snow is starting to settle ‘

poor loves, gawd help ’em!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Elfin and ernie are out working to pay for the gritting up north.

Blackhound

It IS bad down there. Mrs B called me to say she fallen in Camden Town and banged her nose. Off to see a doctor this afternoon. And thats just a light covering. Worse is going to happen.

theotherjonv

It’s terrible down here (Guildford) It took me nearly 40 minutes to get to Waitrose and when I got there the delivery lorry hadn’t managed to get through the drifts and there wasn’t a single jar of organic pesto left on the shelf.

theotherjonv

On the plus side, these namby southerners haven’t a clue how to survive these hardships so they hadn’t realised that there was tonnes of pine nuts and basil left. So I made my own. Core, or what!

NikNak7890
    Free Member

(from a northerner down south)

It IS only around 9″ generally, but 10x the amount of traffic of anywhere else in’t Uk, and roads designed in the 19th Century, it’s total **** gridlock when only 1 prick crashes his car! 🙄

My mate last night took 6 hours to travel 12 miles home; my neighbour took 13 hours to get home to Epsom from Crawley!!!

jacko54321
    Free Member

rode on the quantocks today, its pretty snowwy up there, not enough to stop a hardened cyclist like me though!

richen987
    Free Member

i was so disapointed by the lack of snow in eastleigh, especially as i had been told i could work from home due to the impending “bad weather”, i rebuilt my fork instead.very jealous of everyone who has 14in + of snow would be excellent!

Sonor
    Free Member

It IS only around 9″ generally, but 10x the amount of traffic of anywhere else in’t Uk, and roads designed in the 19th Century, it’s total **** gridlock when only 1 prick crashes his car!

Careful, I don’t think many Northerners know what a car is. 😉 I live at the bottom of a hill and the road is a skating rink. Some idiot in a van has just come belting down the hill, hit the brakes and has had to use the kerb to try and slow himself down. Tit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not a jot in that London’s Famous London. Then again, the 24k gold pavements are warmer than the grim Northern ones, so that may be a part of the reason it’s not settling.

john_drummer
    Free Member

but 10x the amount of traffic of anywhere else in’t Uk except on the M62 between Wakefield & Huddersfield. there, fixed it for you

Sonor
    Free Member

Not a jot in that London’s Famous London. Then again, the 24k gold pavements are warmer than the grim Northern ones, so that may be a part of the reason it’s not settling.

More to do with the hot air that comes out of the mouths of people who think they are somehow more important than anyone else because they live in London.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A bite!

snaps
    Free Member

I blame Thatcher!

Spud

And Michael Fish!

LHS
    Free Member

More to do with the hot air that comes out of the mouths of hard working people who think know they are somehow more important than anyone else because they live in London.

Fixed it for you.

anagallis_arvensis

must be at least 2 cm here, enough to shut school though 😆

ononeorange

I got to work yesterday morning despite TfL’s best efforts to stop me, I’m the first to arrive just sat down and *ping*! An email from my boss suggesting that I stay at home. Huh! The one chance in a year and I got in too early.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

More to do with the hot air that comes out of the mouths of people who think they are somehow more important than anyone else because they live in London.

I wonder if even the snow tastes bitter wherever Sonor lives?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Unfortunately the 3 or 4 inches in Dorset last night have resulted in my work being closed today. Never mind eh!

atlaz
    Free Member

We’re more or less fully staffed. So much for Londoners not going out in the snow.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Headline News…………Snow Down South…!’ is closed to new replies.