Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hayes Stroker Compatability
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Need to replace my Hayes Stroker Ryde Master cylinder and I’m wondering of the Hayes Stroker kit is interchangeable. i.e. If I get a Hayes Stroker Carbon master cylinder will the lever and guts from the Stroker Ryde fit? Any wisdom out there?

ransos
    Free Member

I believe that the Stroker carbon just refers to the lever – the cylinder and clamp are the same as a standard stroker.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Strange. There’s a Stroker Carbon Master Cylinder on CRC which states material : carbon. I want to replace my Hayes Stroker Trail cylinder with this one but am not sure of they’re interchangeable…
    hayesstrokercarbon

mrbotticelli

Don’t know the answer, but would recommend you email Hayes in the US. They were great a few years back when I broke a part on my Strokers. They shipped me a replacement part from the US to the UK for free and included some new pads as well.

You’ll need to be certain what differences there are across the Stroker range, are they Rydes the same as the Trails, Carbons etc. They certainly used to take different pads and have different adjustments etc. could mean the internals are different as well.

Good luck.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Gram, Trail and Carbon all interchangeable.

Ryde was a lower spec so different design.

ransos
    Free Member

Strange. There’s a Stroker Carbon Master Cylinder on CRC which states material : carbon.

I have the stroker carbon and it’s only the lever blade that’s carbon. In fact, I think it’s just carbon wrap.

A work colleague is using a stroker trail lever with stroker carbon caliper, and it works fine.

sssimon
    Free Member

yeah it will work, only non compatible stroke is the ryde which was an OE only cheaper version (based on a tekro brake I think)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hayes Stroker Compatability’ is closed to new replies.