Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hay fever anyone?
  • Bunnyhop

Atishoo (try typing that with predictive text).
    Tree pollen count is high.

everyone
    Free Member

Not yet but its almost inevitable.

Thanks for reminding me to stock up on the meds!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

And it looks a hazy day out there, which I take as confirmation.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I believe it’s tree pollen blown from Scandinavia at this time of year, there’s an Easterly today, so that makes sense…

nickc

Not yet but its almost inevitable.

this.

time to stock up before prices go through the roof.

andytherocketeer

started about 3 weeks ago here. but then I believe that the birch pollen season does typically start on continental europe a couple of week earlier than UK.
    weather still says high pollen count. feels like it’s dying down now, so not sure it it really is or if the antibodies have done a rule 5 and told the pollen who’s boss.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thanks for sneezing all over me…

Gitz. 😛

allthepies
    Free Member

Mine normally kicks in mid-late May.

tekp2
    Free Member

Benadryl relief. Different from normal benadryl.

For me, indistinguishable from magic. Couldn’t find a generic when I looked a couple of years ago.

mountainman

P I A now.
    Daffodils are the worst for me

martinhutch

Start your Beconase now – needs a couple of weeks to build up, but certainly does the trick for me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No thanks, I’ll pass if you don’t mind.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve had a cold the last few days, but sneezing like a trooper today and nose pouring.

Took a hay fever tablet about an hour ago. Should know by tomorrow am. Hate hay fever tablets though, they make me feel like crap

GavinB

Hayfever? Our daffodils have only just come out this week! 🙂

Give me a moment or two to savour that, and then I’ll reach for the Piriteze.

ssboggy

Been on cetirizine hydrochloride tablets and nasal spray a few weeks here, tablet’s seem to be making me drowsy though.
    Might see if there is something different I can take, anyone got any recommendations?

Also get mild asthma symptoms sure spring and summer so I’m on the inhaler too

martinhutch

Might see if there is something different I can take, anyone got any recommendations?

Try the other non-drowsy – loratidine.

ssboggy

Cheers Martin I’ll give it a go

zeesaffa
    Free Member

I take cetrizine at night so the drowsiness isn’t such a problem.

Kryton57

time to stock up before prices go through the roof.

Not a lot of people seem to know Hayfever is a medical condition and as such you can go to the docs and get a repeat prescription for large amounts of stuff. I get 5months worth of Benadryl and Beconase for the price of one prescription.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Yes … I start late January when the catkins come out and it slowly build until May.
    Right now the birch pollens season has started so I shall be suffering quite well.

Tied in with my pollen allergy I have Oral Allergy Syndrome sometimes called pollen food allergy (https://www.allergyuk.org/oral-allergy-syndrome/oral-allergy-syndrome) and thus can’t eat most fruit and many vegtables.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hay fever anyone?’ is closed to new replies.