• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jim.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hawley, Surrey conditions – Sunday
  • nedrapier

Two days of heavy rain forecast for Fri and Sat. I'm lending someone my bike for the Helly Hansen Team-off-road-adventure-tri-thingummy. 25k on the bikes, and the tyres on the bike are Small Block 8s.

How much trouble is he going to have?

Ta.

Squirrel

Don't know Hawley but my 8's are quite slippy in the wet.

woodsman
    Free Member

Are you sure 'Hawley'is in Surrey!? There is a 'Horley' in Surrey but I can't imagine any bike races taking place there – off road!

Small block 8's – lot's of trouble anywhere in the UK, off road this time of year. I would say.

jond
    Free Member

Google disagrees 😉 – and:

http://www.trailplus.com/helly_hansen.cfm

– near Camberley, so I must admit it's not what I'd immediately think of as surrey.

allthepies
    Free Member

It's in Hampshire, nr Farnborough. Camberley is close by and just over the Hampshire/Surrey boundary which runs through that area.

So Hawley = Hampshire
    Camberley = Surrey.

🙂

nosherduke996
    Free Member

You have got the Evans Ride it this weekend which is in Dorking, Surrey.
    Off road on Sat, and road ride on sunday. And yes it is verrrrrrrrrrrrrry muddy. 🙄

Simwit

Ground conditions wise his biggest problem is going to be sand, especially around the 'bombhole'. Other than that it's a fairly well draining woodland area although if the course designers are the same ones who laid out the For Goodness Shakes triathlon a couple of months ago he should look out for a couple of big mud splashes!

woodsman
    Free Member

Thankyou 'allthepies' – I was starting to question my own mind there. I used to live, and still work in Horley, Surrey and I often have to confirm – it's the Surrey Horley, on the phone, prior to spelling it out.

🙂

pypdjl
    Free Member

There is a 'Horley' in Surrey but I can't imagine any bike races taking place there – off road!

Outwood hill isn't far from Horley!

jim
    Free Member

Outwood hill isn't far from Horley!

Ha! Not much of a hill is it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hawley, Surrey conditions – Sunday’ is closed to new replies.