Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Have you told the police you're having a barby 'You couldn't make it up' content
  • binners

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Facebook_police_raided_my_family_barbecue&in_article_id=704672&in_page_id=34

Good job those resources didn't have to be applied to anything important eh?

monkeychild
    Free Member

You can't make that up! What geniuses 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

chin meets floor.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

800 quid on food for 17, bloody hell the fat gits… 😆

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

dick heads

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

You don't spend £800 on a family barbecue. Why do you need to hire a generator for a BBQ?

funkynick

All sounds a little suspect to me, and am guessing that there is more to the story than meets the eye..

theflatboy
    Free Member

and why would you have it in some remote field?

Coyote
    Free Member

Hmmm… reading between the lines.

– Not near anyone, so I suspect not in the garden then.
    – £800 on generator and food? That's either a pretty big genny or a shit load of food. If a big genny, then suggests not in his garden. Shit load of food suggests more that 17 people (even if they are all fat geordies!)
    – Who the hell advertises a family get together for 17 people on Facebook?

Nah, he's been owned good and proper.

BigDummy
    Free Member

If we take that story at face value then it certainly lends weight to the theory that the police are invariably ridiculous when they aren't terrifying.

But I want to agree with funkynick that it simply can't be all there is to it. 😯

grievoustim
    Free Member

I agree with coyote – sounds like a helicopter was waaay overkil, but this was a bit more than a BBQ for 17 people

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

great, looking forward to our 'disparate AV freelancers mini festival type thing'

there'll be a lot more than one gazebo and it's on facebook 🙂

so far:

12m marquee
    mobile bar trailer
    BIG genset
    BIG PA
    flashy lighting rig
    hog roast

bring on the rozzers 8)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

he should be locked up for having that "sweet tribal" all over his arm…

MrAgreeable

I can't help but think that the police would be better off responding to a complaint by a real person about something that is actually illegal or antisocial, rather than trying to pre-empt such things by scanning social networking sites. Pretty much every social event organised on such places has the potential to turn a bit lairy.

SiB
    Free Member

Prime fillet steak maybe

BigDummy
    Free Member

Well said Mr_A.

binners

Surely getting a 'Community Support Officer' to pop his head round and see there was no flatbed trailer with an enormous sound system on, might have been a more proportionate response.

At the end of the day, whats wrong with having a party in a field anyway? It says a lot about the feds impression of the public that they immediately assume its going to end in a riot. Or perhaps thats what they were after? Getting a chance to use their new tazers?

BigDummy
    Free Member

TaserTaserTaser 😀

kimbers

im assuming someone must have tipped the rozzers off
    so i suspect either a landowner or local resident did complain

terrahawk
    Free Member

I'm a bit worried about the next HTN…!

sockpuppet

quick i'm being photographed as ''outraged pillar of community''

where's my shirt and tie? what, i don't own a long sleeved shirt…. oh well, best not bother doing the tie up either….

hitman
    Free Member

nice tat 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Have you told the police you're having a barby 'You couldn't make it up' content’ is closed to new replies.