• This topic has 121 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • Have you ever killed someone ?
  • cheez0
    Free Member

so far this has been all about premeditating and devious scouts..

any accidental killers?

oh, and ‘not yet’ for me. 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

A lad I went to school with murdered someone. He was a normal lad, very skilled cyclist too but he just lost it one day and killed his girlfriend. We both went to the same Grammar school and he did well academically too. Certainly no thug or such by any stretch of the imagination.
    A friend of mine also was involved in an incident that a lad died but he was cleared in court in any wrong doing in the matter.

theotherjonv

Question wasn’t whether you’d murdered anyone, it was whether you had killed anyone. Soldiers, airforce, maybe one of you medical types mixed up a dosage and hushed it up in the notes 😉

A guy i work with killed a pensioner in a car crash on the A31 Hogs Back near farnham. There’s loads of left and right turns over the central reservation, many of which are obscured by trees and bushes. he was happily driving home on a summer evening when an old bloke in a Micra just slowly rolled out across the carriageway. No way to avoid it, he spent weeks in hospital afterwards but the old boy would have been killed instantly.

mu3266
    Free Member

Killed, yes. Murdered no. Not proud but what’s done is done.

crikey
    Free Member

Depends very much what we mean by ‘killing’ someone. I have taken actions which have resulted in people dying, lots of times.

The withdrawal of treatment from people who are not going to survive, or the decision to not treat an event in someone who will not survive are both parts of the work I have to do.

toby1

wwaswas – Member

well, the OP seems to be confusing being murdered with committing murder?

there’s lessfewer murderers than victims.

Only for incorrect use of ‘less’ …

tomhoward

I was in the same year at school as Thomas Haigh, the lad who shot and killed 2 people (drug dealers that he was in cahoots with), locked them in a van and then buried the van in Cornwall. Was in the news a couple of weeks ago, he’ll serve a min of 35 years.

Bit worried though, as I was in the scouts, and my dad is a scout leader 😕

Northwind

I wouldn’t recommend getting started murdering, it’s very more-ish.

fasthaggis

I watched a comedian die on stage ,does that count ?

TBH ,it wasn’t that bad a heckle 😆

sparkyrhino

Great way to pass the hours

penguinni

A friend of mine was a police officer and one day he shot dead three guys who tried to kill him and his colleague. His colleague was seriously injured but Robert was unharmed.

It affected him deeply and destroyed his life. He could never understand how he had got up that morning to go to work and ended up responsible for three deaths. And he hated people congratulating him and regarding him as some kind of brave hero.

He drank himself to death recently.

user-removed
    Free Member

Just to continue the scouts / murderers theme, my mate’s dad and my dad used to take turns running us to scouts. When it was my mate’s dad’s turn, he’d give his ten year old son the car keys and send him off to get the car out of the garage, drive it down the back lane and up the front of the street to the house!

On the way to scouts he’d regale us with tales of his scouting days, which mostly seemed to consist of forcing other kids to eat various horrible things (small dead animals, whole boxes of matches and the like). Even as a kid I knew something wasn’t right with him.

About ten years later, he strangled his wife in the Costa del Sol, chopped her into little pieces and dumped her in various bins. He got caught and so far as I know is still in prison.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Friends help you move.. Real friends help you move dead bodies.

project
    Free Member

Depends where you live. Glasgow’s murder rate is around three times the UK average. In the year to March 2011 there was 26 murders in Glasgow. The population is just under 600’000 so roughly 4 murders per 100’000.

Taggart goes and dies and the murder rate goes up it seems.

There seem to be some motorists, who you could willingly hang the tag murderer on in the last few weeks.

avdave2

I should point out that only one of the 2 killers I shared that tent with was a homicidal psychopathic lunatic the other was just a suggestible idiot. It was fun being their patrol leader for a weeks camp.

On the same camp I also saw another lad lose his temper with someone and chase them round the site with a felling axe before hurling it at them. Luckily it’s quite hard to throw one accurately.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Sounds more like clubbed clouts.

stucol
    Free Member

The murder rate in Glasgow is down to one thing in particular. Drugs.

Mainly its one dealer slotting a rival. Very few are innocent decent folk getting killed at random.

That said, knife related murders are worryingly prevalent in the death of under 25’s. Drink being a common factor in those cases.

tomhoward

I would have thought that Taggart snuffing it would lower Glasweigan murder rate. 1 murder a week is more than the claimed 26 a year! Unless Taggart was on fortnightly? Or for 6 months a year?

CountZero

“There’s been a muuuuurrrrrdddduuuuuurrrrrrrr”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Graham S to the forum please

i dont think that maths is right if it is 1 in 100,000 per population then my odds dont change from year to year as past events do not influence future ones

Ie If i toss a coin and get a head the next year when i do the same the odds are exactly the same as the fact I got a head is irrelevant it is still 50/50.

I am no more likely to be murdered because i am a year older and I was not murdered last year.

anyone know for sure?

EDIT: rate in uk is 1.23 per 100,000 per year. [/url]

so if you live for 70 years do we say chances would (1.23*70) per 100000 = 86.1 per 100,000 = 1 in 1161 ??

i meant these one not the ones at the bottom of P1
    Must read thread before posting

project
    Free Member

But he always caught them and in the repeats you knew who the killer was before he did.

maccruiskeen

any accidental killers?

My next door neighbour claims to have killer her lover’s wife ‘with her thoughts’

seahouse
    Free Member

Even further to the scout theme, Thomas Hamilton who carried out the Dunblane shooting was a Scout Leader.

emsz
    Free Member

nice topic boys 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh emsz, what’s a bit of light-hearted killing between friends strangers on the internet?

polarisandy
    Free Member

by act, possibly,
    by omission, probably,
    by intention, never.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m a lyrical gangster if that helps..?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

One was murdered and three committed suicide from my year at school. Several others will probably have killed numerous people given that they’ve been in the army for around 18 years.

theotherjonv

nice topic boys

agreed, wish i hadn’t posted now.

Although that said, i did absolutely murder ‘House of the Rising Sun’ at a karaoke in Ireland once. I thought I’d attempt it in a low growly delivery reminiscent of Nick Cave, but to anyone that witnessed it it sounded just like a drunk bloke mumbling. To this day i regret not doing Mark E Smith style instead.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are people alive today because I cannot afford a hitman

richardk
    Free Member

I shot a man in Reno
    Just to watch him die

stratobiker
    Free Member

Yes. I emptied a whole gun into an eskimo who’d stabbed with a piece of wood. Just as we were both dying on the front lawn of the house where I used to live I woke up!!!!

SB

EDIT – Didn’t we do this already?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I shot the sherrif, not the deputy though.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I stabbed a man in Reno.
    I don’t know if he died.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Honestly, all these scouts murdering each other. The mind woggles!

Do they get a badge to sew on their uniforms or something?

chewkw
    Free Member

Aborting fetus is killing …

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I was in the Scouts, loved it, never killed anyone though.
    Someone from my year group was getting a lift into school with their Dad and they ended up running over and killing his best friend. Very sad story. 🙁 I think 3 or 4 kids got hit and killed on the same stretch of road that year and now it has some mental traffic calming measures.

On a lighter note. I did save someones life, literally. I was walking through Salford and a kid ran into the road without looking, I grabbed his hood without thinking and yanked him back. The van that would have hit him was only on the brakes after the point where he ran into the road.
    Next thing I had his mother shouting at me to get my hands off her kid. The mind boggles.

cynic-al
    Free Member

chewkw…you’ve just murdered some spelling.

avdave2

As well as the 2 killers and the axe wielding maniac in our troop we also had one lad who ended up dead in a car crash a couple of years later and a suicide.

On a lighter note. I did save someones life, literally. I was walking through Salford and a kid ran into the road without looking, I grabbed his hood without thinking and yanked him back

I once pulled a friend back from under the wheels of a car and I only managed that because he’d just bought a new tyre for his bike and was wearing it diagonally over one shoulder. Sorry I can’t remember the tyre model but it was for his 10 speed Carlton.

Kevevs
    Free Member

xbox online for all your friend killing needs. Got me through winter nights.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever killed someone ?’ is closed to new replies.