Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • have you ever got something in your eye,from a film that you never thought …
  • racefaceec90

you would do?
    am a cold heartless bstard usually with all the emotional response of a banker 😳 but for some reason whilst watching star trek generations (of all films 😳 the part when captain kirk died at the end,i must admit to having something in my eye 😳

in my defense this was about 14 years ago,have been a cold heartless bstard ever since 😉

tazzymtb

the series Band of brothers would ambush me now n then.

RustyMac

I was begining to wonder where this thread was going with a title like that.

theotherjonv

I know what you mean, apart from I no longer get surprised ‘cos I’ve gone so soft I’ll cry at anything. Olympics has seen Olympian sized weeping this past two weeks. Just hearing ‘Caliban’s Dream’ on the radio, I well up. Any mention of Chris Hoy, I’m sniffing. So I daren’t watch any films now in case.

But for the record; Beauty and the Beast, nanny mcphee, Hotel for Dogs……. you name it

RealMan
    Free Member

I wasn’t in a great mood when I watched it, but seriously..

chojin
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but Up gets me. I just wasn’t expecting it! Caught me off guard and other such excuses 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I always 😥 like a girl watching WallE…..EVERY time I watch it. 😳

maccruiskeen

I had a really bad bout of food poisoning or gastric nastiness once, total purge and fevers for days. As I started to recover I was in this strange dazed and emotional state watching daytime TV and anything would make me cry. There was an avert for a nissan that would have me blubbing every time it came on.

seavers
    Free Member

I had no idea where you were going with this…but yeah, on my own watching a film that is rather emotive it has happened. Not with Star Trek though…that’s really lame!!! 😆

GrahamS

Nnnnnnnnnnnng…

“Why are you crying daddy?”

nicko74

Another for Up. 🙁

Also ET – the bit where they find him in a ditch. 🙁

athgray
    Free Member

A sad film bit is when Lefty leaves his house at the end of Donnie Brasco.
    From TV the ending of Blackadder Goes Forth.

augustuswindsock

little house on the prairie, and the toilet roll advert with the litle puppy…

GrahamS

Oh and for the OP, the start of the Star Trek reboot where Kirk’s Dad sacrifices himself to save everyone, as his baby is being born in the escape pod.

Nnnnnnnnnng..

unklehomered
    Free Member

😳
    but if anyone ever witnesses it there’s a hole on the moors with their name on it…

stevewhyte
    Free Member

End of the railway children when daddy gets off the train.

Bring a tear to a glass eye.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Up and toy story 3. Bullhearts dog thread got me the other day too.

CHB

End of Iron Giant…….”Suuuuuupermaaaaaaaan!”

CHB

Why is it all kids cartoon and stuff that gets us and not proper people ones?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Oh, in apocolypse Now when the puppy gets killed in the battle on the river… 😥

I never care much for people characters but show me a lost dog, and I am a big bag of wet blanket…

stumpy01

Wall-E

Bunnyhop

I’m sorry, but Up gets me. I just wasn’t expecting it! Caught me off guard and other such excuses

Same here. I think I filled a pint pot watching ‘Up’. Hubby was embarrassed as I was one of the older people in the audience.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cos you haven’t grown up…

DrP

“trains, planes, and automobiles” had me sobbing when I was younger – I think it was the fact he had no family for Christmas… 🙁

DrP

muggomagic

Leon.

mamadirt
    Free Member

GrahamS – it took papadirt and myself two attempts to watch Toy Story 3 after two of our lads left for uni 😥 . . . oh and the Warburtons ‘burnt offering’ ad gets me every time 😳

RealMan
    Free Member

Why is it all kids cartoon and stuff that gets us and not proper people ones?

Dunno, but you do have a point.

Jurassic Bark. Not really unexpected as it’s the most depressing thing ever written in the history of things being written, but still worth a mention.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Dead Poet’s Society -‘ Oh Captain, My Captain’

tommytowtruck

Up and Monsters Inc!

Cougar

I think Up! can be excused, crying at that film is unavoidable unless you’re made of granite.

In my defence I was emo to start with for other unrelated reasons, but I bawled like a four year old girl with a grazed knee at the end of Armageddon.

Coyote
    Free Member

The end of Monsters inc gets me too!

The end of 6th Sense got me first time round.

dabble
    Free Member

I took my little sister to see WallE-
    her “Are you crying?”, me- *sniff* “no, don’t be daft lass” *sniff* 😳

And off TV, that Derek thing by Ricky Gervais gave me a right bit o something in the eye, booing like a bairn come the end.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Realman, thought I was okay with this thread and you go and post a pic of fry’s dog. You git.

jp-t853

the end of Babe really builds and builds for me and then when farmer hogget says ‘that’ll do pig’

fourbanger
    Free Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190346/plotsummary

Seriously, I don’t know wtf was going on that day. PMT or something….

restless
    Free Member

Watership Down still gets me 😥

andyl
    Free Member

if you grew up as an F1 fan then try this:

althepal

Always. Richard Dreyfuss, John Goodman and Audrey Hepburn in her last film.
    Proper sad/happy spectrum of emotions..

Woody
    Free Member

The end of Saving Private Ryan, where Ryan’s family are around him in the cemetery……… 😥

CountZero

Up really did for me, and one episode of Buffy, when she comes home and calls out ‘Mum!’ then ‘Mum!’ again, then sees her mum collapsed on the couch, and her voice starts to go a bit, ‘Mum? Mum? Mummy?…’ and that last quavery mummy just had me in bits.
    Went and saw Brave tonight, Pixar’s new one, (which is great, btw), and there’s a bit towards the end of that, that had me welling up, and swallowing very hard… 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘have you ever got something in your eye,from a film that you never thought …’ is closed to new replies.