Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Have Turner dropped the 5-spot?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Just trying to price up my bike for the insurance renewal and was looking at the silverfish site but I can’t see the 5-spot.

Are Turner really abandoning 26″ wheels for trail riding? Does this mean the 6-pack is about to make a comeback?

rc200f8
    Free Member

It’s still listed on Turners website, it’d be nice if they brought back the Pack/RFX though.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

It’s pretty well documented that DT says that the latest 5spot is more capable than the old RFX was and as a result, riders that used to ride an RFX should just build up a hammer-time version of the 5spot with bigger fork, wheels and kit.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Which I’d happily do but Silverfish don’t list the 5 spot.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Officially the 5Spot has now been discontinued.
    With the Sultan 29er and the 650b Burner proving so popular Turner took the decision to retire the good ol 5.

That said – we have received some further interest in the 5’s again recently so I’ve been investigating into the possibilities of a further, final, run for the UK market.

If you are definitely interested in one drop me a mail on Richie@silverfish-uk.com and we can have a chat about the options.

Cheers.

Gary_C

but Silverfish don’t list the 5 spot.

But they are still listing the Flux which has been discontinued by Turner. ❓

EDIT: Just seen Richies reply above. Turner are still listing the 5-Spot on their website though. *confused*

Mind you, I can’t afford a new Sultan/Burner/Czar, so I’ll just have to make do with my ’10 Spot for a while longer yet, plus I’ve got my ’06 RFX frame that I keep meaning to put back into service.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is the 26″ wheel dead then?

rOcKeTdOg

Is the 26″ wheel dead then?

someone should start a thread asking that 😛

Onzadog
    Free Member

Richie, thanks for the low down. I actually ride a 6 pack which is still going strong. It’s just this m&s insurance business means I need to deatil my bike. I was going to use the 5 spot as an alternative. I’d I go with the burner, I can’t put a fox 36 on the front as I really want to keep the avalanche damper in the forks. It’s all theory as my bike is fine, and all driven by m&s messing things about!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Wow. The 5spot is gone!

I suspect not for ever…

Onzadog
    Free Member

They might bring it back as a 26″ wheel, 160mm travel huckable am machine.

Here’s hoping

LD
    Free Member

Hmmm bit gutted about this, was just starting to consider replacing my 2004 HL frame with a new one and they’re gone 😥 Guess I’ll need to treat it nicely and hope it keeps going.
    So what new shock for my frame as I’m still running the Romic and I’m sure it’s going to die soon. Sorry if this is a thread hijack. 😛

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Any modern fox shock with the correct tune is going to crap all over a nearly 10 year old romic.

ska-49
    Free Member

The Fox 36 takes 650b wheel size (as long as its not the 2013 version)with good mud clearance. I’ve got friends who ride the 36 with 2.3” 650b tyres.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Gutted about the news as well. Love my 2010 5-Spot.

Would love a new one with the slacker geometry.

MartynS

LD,
    I replaced my romic with a push tuned fox vanilla rc.
    I hadn’t realised how bad the romic had got. Replaced all the bushes and pivots at the same time. It was like a brand new bike!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Have Turner dropped the 5-spot?’ is closed to new replies.