Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Have I lost my mojo?
  • nickclift
    Free Member

After a major stack 2 weeks ago, decided it was time to get back on the horse last night. Accompanied by Muzzle who did a spiffing job of looking after me after said stack, we set off to do usual Houndkirk, Lady Cannings, Jumble Road (scene of stack), Devils Elbow loop. A proper high speed OTB face plant it was…concussion, scrapes all down front of my body, temporary memory loss and a ten day headache.
    I am man enough to admit, I was proper bricking it, shaking like a shi**ting greyhound as we headed towards the scene of the incident. I followed Muzzle down and might as well have ridden my 4 years old mini shopper. Made our way across to Devils Elbow, and again tip toed my way down, it’s actually easier the faster you go, but I just couldn’t let it go, and my thoughts of how did I ever get down this so quick in the past worried me even more.
    Will I ever get my mojo back, or am I destined to be that lad at the back until I hang up my 5:10s

Ps. Recent thread on here about ditching the lid…..don’t. There’s a chunk out of my old helmet, I am convinced it saved me from a very serious injury.

Northwind

Mojos are elusive creatures, I lost my motorbike mojo, worked really hard to get it back, it just made it run even harder. Got the technical skills back and ended up faster but it never did get back to being a joy. You can’t hunt a mojo with a spear, you’ll just kill it entirely, you’ve got to lure it back and make it feel at home.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

If you placed it on a roof rack of your car and didn’t lock it, then yes you probably have.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I suspect Dr Evil probably has it.

I lost mine for a bit, smallish crash resulting in 3 weeks off the bike and a nice scar on my shin, followed by another crash resulting in 3 weeks off the bike and another scar on my elbow.

Got it back by doing some dead easy bridleway type riding at speed and a couple of slightly more technical routes but just a bit slower than normal. Started small and worked my way back up to where I was before. It’s not totally back yet, but it’s nearly there.

Scapegoat

I rode off road for the first time since my accident in April the other day. Not only was I a bit cautious because of the continuing aches and pains, I realized on one rocky descent that I simply wasn’t going fast enough to float the rocks. The bike felt numb. It was a bit disappointing to be honest, but my riding mate tells me I looked far too deliberate. The front wheel felt twitchy and a bit of a wrestling match al round on one technical bit. I took the Soul, and left the Mojo in the garage. …… 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Have I lost my mojo?’ is closed to new replies.