Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Have I just been ripped off????????????
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

I put a Wanted ad on for some Juicy 3sl reservoir kits. I get a mail from a guy The cut of his jib sounds ok and after a short delay (my fault) I eventually send him some monies as a paypal gift. That was Saturday. Despite three emails from me I’ve not heard anything from him.

Faith in mankind has been dashed 🙁

or should I give him the benefit of the doubt and wait a little longer?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Oh dear. I hope it wasn’t too much

cynic-al
    Free Member

“Wait”…to do what?

donsimon
    Free Member

Is this for real?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Waiting a smidge longer than 3 days before naming them and listing their email address on the forum may have been a better idea.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is this for real?

Must be. There is like 9 question marks.

or should I give him the benefit of the doubt and wait a little longer?

Bit late for that…

donsimon
    Free Member

Is guess you’re right, I hadn’t thought of it in that way.

Woody
    Free Member

You have got to be kidding. You delay payment and now YOU’RE pissed off you don’t get an instant reply!! 🙄

therealhoops
    Free Member

PISH FARK WONK SHID CECK AND BALLS

you lot were supposed to say, oh him, he’s gone on holiday, thorough top bloke etc etc

Woody: he had the payment on Saturday and the delay in question was only 2 days

wwaswas

given that you were asking for these kits and there is a responder on the thread who seems to be a fairly regular classifieds user I think I’d be a bit pee’d off if I was him.

You admitted you delayed paying him and now you’re naming and shaming ‘cos you’ve lost contact for a few days 🙁

I thought it was amade up complaint to start with

KINGTUT
    Free Member

you lot were supposed to say, oh him, he’s gone on holiday, thorough top bloke etc etc

Then you should have asked the question ‘Anyone Had any Dealings With X Seller’, rather than ‘Have I Been Ripped Off?’

And waited at least 7 days before you did that IMO.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

See, the problem is with the wanted forum (and it’s not the forum’s fault) is that it’s wide open to abuse like this.

Scammer sees someone wanting something, emails with offer of said item and then waits for money to roll in. You don’t have to be a member to view the classifieds and if you put your email address in the ad (al la Mr Hoops) you don’t have to be a member to contact someone.

It is also rather than naive to send money to someone when all you know of them is an email address, and expect them to do anything in return.

Woody
    Free Member

Woody: he had the payment on Saturday and the delay in question was only 2 days

The chances are that he flew out for a week heli-boarding in Alaska on the proceeds and can’t pick up a wifi signal. HTH

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yes you probably have.

As per TJ on the other thread if you followed these points then you wouldn’t have been.

don’t use paypal gift unless you know the person.

Don’t buy from or sell to people without a history on the forum

Leave the result of the transaction as a post on their thread.

allways run a search on their threads for bad feedback

Allways send recorded and insured.

Woody
    Free Member

A different email is quite common as people keep Paypal a/c’s separate ie. an mtb slush fund.

How much money are we talking about?

ncfenwick
    Free Member

These kits cost around £15 don’t they? Doubt he would risk his STW reputation for that.

Give him a few more days, he might not check his emails that often.

Hope your faith in mankind is restored soon!

Woody
    Free Member

He may also have a gun
    Scroll to ‘Prowler’.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I have been hugely naive and to top it all I’ve probably funded some guns’n’ammo mentalist.

twunt

kevster
    Free Member

i see mac1985 mentioned, is he a scammer?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Waiting a smidge longer than 3 days before naming them and listing their email address on the forum may have been a better idea.

I don’t know, if I’m going through a financial transaction with someone I think replies should be same day, unless I’m away or ill, in which case I’ll leave an out of office reply for new transactions and fire an email off to anyone with an outstanding one to reassure them I’m not an arse. Seems only fair and the right thing to do.

chewkw
    Free Member

Tyree … hhmmmm … the name gives it away.

Nobody name their son that name unless they are some celebrities or someone who watch too many movies and if they are celebrities they won’t be posting something for sale on here.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I don’t know, if I’m going through a financial transaction with someone I think replies should be same day, unless I’m away or ill, in which case I’ll leave an out of office reply for new transactions and fire an email off to anyone with an outstanding one to reassure them I’m not an arse. Seems only fair and the right thing to do.

That is fine if the recipient is expecting the transaction, in this case I assume he wasn’t because of the delay the Op mentions in his first post.

coffeeking
    Free Member

That is fine if the recipient is expecting the transaction, in this case I assume he wasn’t because of the delay the Op mentions in his first post.

If I’m mid-transaction (i.e. everything I’ve posted hasn’t been confirmed arrived and checked) I’ll be expecting contact. Seems fairly simple. Once all birds have landed and been clocked in I become as unobtainable as I like.

kaesae
    Free Member

He could have internet or computer problems or even a lot going on in his life!

Time will tell ❗

therealhoops
    Free Member

HOLD THE PRESS

It would seem my Daily Mail knee jerk reaction may have been premature. I’ve just had an email from him with a postal tracking reference.

CALL OFF THE DOGS….for now

wwaswas

lol

martinhutch

I think you’d better start preparing your grovelling apology post. In my experience, they take time and effort to get spot on.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Apart from calling him a guns’n’ammo mentalist and a twunt I can’t really see what the problem is.

🙂

dabble
    Free Member

It would appear you have not, yet.

If your wanting to send some more money to random people I have loads of crap for “sale”, just send me a pay pal gift n i’ll be sure to send it off to you.

Woody
    Free Member

Now that that appears to have been cleared up………

……….I’m not surprised the seller didn’t have time to reply – listing one or two new items takes time

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Have I just been ripped off????????????’ is closed to new replies.