Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hate it when this happens, not the first time. local classifieds rant.
  • tang
    Free Member

Local paper this morning. 20 year old Condor 531 tourer, mint app. £125 and my size. phone the guy from work, im the first in line, he agrees to make any other viewings after mine. arrange time after work 3 pm today. just now he phones me and says hes sold it! acc to him the phones been going mad blah blah. so what. we had an agreement. if he had said first to come and pay gets it i might have slipped out on my tea break this morning! then he has a go at me for not being quick enough! i hope the brompton he said hed just bought never unfolds.
    what he doesnt know is the boozer over the road from him which he said is 'the best in the county' and hes 'always in' is run by my nephew….
    funny same thing happened early on this year on a condor in the local paper.

wwaswas

widdle in his beer?

tang
    Free Member

ill get my nephew to serve him larger only, as hes a fan of the real ale selection they have app.

julianwilson
    Free Member

What a shame: i hope whoever bought it actually rides it: the real shame will be to see it on Evilbay next week 🙁

I suppose the difference between here and 'normal' (ie local paper classifieds) is how many people never show up: my mrs shifts stuff in the local paper or via freecycle, and people turn up maybe 60% of the time at an optimistic guess. So i suppose from seller's point of view he would be turning away someone else with money in the hope that the first person he spoke to turns up. Perhaps he thought he was shifting a rather less desirable bike!

[edit] or perhaps he explained the list of potential buyers to someone who rang later on today, who then offered him more than his asking price to get it first?

Joe

Boring. You snooze you lose.

tang
    Free Member

you are right julian. however, we had made a plan. if he had said 'if anyone comes before with cash…' fair do's.
    i think someone came and upped the cash to seal it.
    joe – guess so. i told him he was no gent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hate it when this happens, not the first time. local classifieds rant.’ is closed to new replies.