Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Has Cycling hurt your career?
  • pacef8
    Free Member

I moved offices and the first thing i said was where will my bike go. Not that they where arsed but they new i would move if i could not go on my bike.

Work life balance really, life comes first.

oldgit
    Free Member

Actually since cycling became the new golf a lot of my customers ring for a chat and it helps business, the boss thinks that sort of relationship is priceless.
    I’m in the electrical and building trade, taking customers to the bike show would have been unheard of a few years back.

Waderider
    Free Member

Nice thread topic.

I started mountain biking in 1989 aged sixteen. My cycling mileage finally settled to normal (less than hundreds of miles per week) in May this year. I graduated last September aged 39 and got a career.

Trying to work out how to reinstate my mileage. I’ll let you know.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Cycling? No.windsurfing – yes.
    And I worked in the industry at the time.

TooTall
    Free Member

One of the best definitions I’ve seen for career was ‘rapidly downhill out of control’ – which fitted my work and cycling very well.

Work life balance. You can love your work, but work to live, not live to work. If you go into work on a Monday morning fully rested, you’ve wasted the weekend!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve got my work, and a job doing it. What is this career thing?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its surfing that led to a misspent youth, teens, twenties. Now have a pretty boring job that im stuck in for at least another year. Im slowly moving to bikes more as i dont know how many more years my back will stand up to surfing. God i wish i could retire tomorrow… have you seen the surf forecast!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Hmmm…
    Having been very overweight 10 years ago, and now having lost 5 stone thanks in part to taking up cycling (and living a healthier lifestyle), I suspect cycling has helped me in ways more important than my career.

I have a well paid, responsible job, but I have no ambition, as this would eat into exercise and family time. I plan meetings around bike rides, so I guess it does affect my career, but I don’t care.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Has Cycling hurt your career?’ is closed to new replies.