Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Has anyone gone back to 26ers???
  • puddings
    Free Member

As I have mentioned on another similar thread, the constantly changing standards have stopped me from changing my Ibis. Previously I used to change each frame every other year (for no other reason that wanting to try something new, selling the old frame on to help fund the habit – I never buy complete bikes)
    Still love riding the Ibis although the death of this set of forks will potentially mean the end of this bike because no-one appears to be making decent 26inch straight steerer forks now

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

Being over 6.4″ 29’ers have been amazing for me. Loving my Charge Cooker and Cannondale Trail 29er SS.
    Finally have bikes that “fit”

But I built up my old 26″ Jamis Durango Sport yesterday as a hack bike. It feels very small but with some fettling it just about fits.

Rebuilding the Soloist soon as was considering fitting a larger fork, ie 69’r but might just stick with 26 all round.

winterfold
    Free Member

Never left, got a 2011 Whyte 905 and Bandit and having ridden a few 29 and 27.5 bikes cant say notice any difference after a few minutes, if that. I am sure they are there if I thought about it really critically, but MTB has been something I do for fun, rather than semi-serious. So cant be arsed to upgrade until something feels excitingly different.

I’m going to do a few races this year though, and if I like it enough to buy a race bike, I imagine it will have to be 29″?

Getting 20mm front axle stuff seems more of a faff than 26″

winterfold
    Free Member

Reading bobby’s post my bro-in-law and nephew, who are both 6-3 think 29ers are fab, I am 5-8 if I stand up straight and wonder if it is a height thing ultimately?

scotroutes

A 29er wheel behaves much the same regardless of rider height.

boltonjon

Full susser has remained a 26er

Dabbled with a couple of 29er hardtails and never got on

Fatbiking lots over the last 3 years

Rebuilt an old C456 singlspeed recently

26ers rule 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. Rode my old but bling XC race bike earlier in the year. Took me three goes to clear the bottom of my regular rocky climb.

kayla1
    Free Member

Switch hubs + 20mm adapters will sort you all right out!

onewheelgood

My fully rigid singlespeed is a 26er, my hardtail is 27.5, my fs is a 29er. I love them all.

poah
    Free Member

Both my hardtail and FS bike where bought brand new last year and are 26ers. No point spending the extra cash for new forks and wheels. Plenty of choice when it comes to wheels, tyres and forks.

tomhoward

26 x 4.6 here (though id be surprised if it wasn’t 29+ this time next year)

oink1
    Free Member

I ought to add that I bought a new 26″ in August – but its fat! 😀

mb51
    Free Member

Won’t get rid of my On One 456evo11 26er. To much fun, hard on the body ,but always a big smile. Best deals are had on 26″ wheels.

garage-dweller

Still riding one. Although my shiny bike is a 29r

Based on current parts availability (forks/wheels) no way I’d buy another new one.

At least not until 27.5 is finally acknowledged to be the inbetweener faffy rubbish it is and THEY start mass building 26rs again. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone gone back to 26ers???’ is closed to new replies.