• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Del.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Has Anyone Fitted Off-set Bushes the 'Wrong' Way Round?
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

To steepen the frame. When they’re fitted like that do they resist the urge to rotate into the more usual position with the shortest i to i distance?

Reason I ask is I’m thinking about fitting some to a pull-shocked bike, so they would need to go the less usual way around to slacken it out. But if they’re going to rotate into the steeper position (on this bike) there’s not much point.

Ta.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I suspect that at some point, they will rotate.

Why not run more sag?
    edit… now I’m confused.. are you slackening or steepening?

and what bike?
    Scott or Cannondale?

woodster

It should work fine with a pull shock as they’ll naturally want to rotate outwards when pulled apart to lengthen the i2i and slacken the bike out. I think.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah that makes sense. It’s for a Jekyll.

I couldn’t work out in my head if it would work or not, I looked to slacken the HA ages ago and couldn’t find a angleset and figured there must be a reason why I hadn’t used off-set bushes. I guess I just forgot about them.

UK-FLATLANDER

Using an offset on my 5Spot in this orientation for frame clearance, no issues so far.

climbingkev
    Free Member

What Woodster said.

Pull shock will naturally rotate the bushes to lengthen the i2i.

Push shock shorten the i2i.

I’m guessing what that does to the HA depends on frame design and linkages….?

(On the Homebrew BTW)

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Great, no idea why I’ve not done this sooner then!

Del

shouldn’t have thought there would be sufficient friction on the internal part of the bush to overcome the ( presumably ) press-fit friction on the outer to get it to move.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Has Anyone Fitted Off-set Bushes the 'Wrong' Way Round?’ is closed to new replies.