• This topic has 44 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Has anybody got a good hit rate of ordering from Planet X/On-One?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I placed an order with Planet X last week. They sent the wrong bit. Still not responding to emails. I know, ‘pick up the phone…’ etc. but that is beside the point. I think I’ve ordered from them 4 times in the past couple of years and they’ve messed up twice, so I’m at 50% success can anyone beat that?

lunge

Mine is, touch wood, very good. I’ve had a couple of items not available and 1 that failed very quickly after I ordered it, but generally I’ve found them very good.

Now if they’d just release a new voucher or have another frame sale they’d get even more of my money.

wilko1999
    Free Member

100% for me. Ordered a Titus El Guapo frame 3 years ago, it turned up 2 days after I ordered it. And that’s all I’ve ever ordered from them. Bl88dy awesome service!

martinhutch

I’ve found them very good at sending emails.

13 so far since ordering last night asking me to confirm I want to be on their mailing list. Errr…not on that basis, thanks.

Speshpaul

You have to view ordering off them as an adventure,
    cuz anyfing cud appen!

paule
    Free Member

Fine for me – probably 10 orders, and all OK.

ads678

I’ve never had a problem with them. Ordered several small things, 1 set of forks and a frame and all have arrived correct and on time.

Bazz

I have three Planet X bikes and two On one bikes and more parts and clothing than I care to think about, never had a problem with an order, slightly slower than normal after Christmas one year but that is to be expected, so happy customer here.

faustus

I’ve found them no better or worse than other online retailers. Generally quick and easy, only let-down has been a poor courier, which I have had with other retailers.

drofluf
    Free Member

Used them more times that I’d like my wife to know 🙂 as others say no better or worse than anyone else. Think we only hear the bad news about any retailer. Let’s face it a post of “I ordered X from Y and it arrived the next day” is marginally less interesting than “I ordered X from Y and it hasn’t arrived yet”

D0NK

been pretty good for me. recently they couldn’t find something in the warehouse that I had ordered so they refunded, they did fail to mention/offer that they had a very similar item in stock but I checked the next week and that had come down in price by then, so win win for me 🙂

devash
    Free Member

Not had any bother with them personally but then again I’ve only ever ordered small bits and pieces from them and never bikes or frames.

One time I ordered a helmet from them but when it arrived it didn’t fit and they let me return it for a different model, postage paid and everything.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Generally all Good. Only ever had one issue when they sent the wrong cranks, return no problem but massive performance to get return postage refunded. I know Brant is on here so called their bluff to end up with this email.

Still not seen a refund for 6.55 postage despite repeated requests. I can email Brant direct or post a planetx returns topic on singletrack forum which i think will have have more affect than continuing to politely asking here………….

I will leave it with you for a day or two.

Immediate refund after weeks of faf. 😉

brant
    Free Member

You can mail me. I have helped occasionally.
    However, inspite of the “Brant Blog” on the OnOne site, and references to me as their designer in product copy, I left their employment at end of June last year.

stumpy01

100% for me. Ordered a mix of clothing & components + 1 frame.

Probably 10 orders in total, perhaps….?

iolo
    Free Member

Every time I used the incompetent shower of fools it went wrong and took forever to get my cash back. This was around 6 years ago mind but I’ve not ordered anything since. They make Dave Hinde look good.
    I did have a second hand 456 that I absolutely loved though.

northernmatt

Ordered one bike, one frame, and some singlespeed kit. All turned up when they said it would. If this was an ebay review it’d say “would use again”

nemesis
    Free Member

Never had an issue other than maybe taking a couple of days longer than wiggle/CRC/etc.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think I have had about 6-8 orders all 100% correct.

sandwicheater

100% for me. Frames, forks, bits, bobs, all arrived as ordered with no problems and nothing has had to go back.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

You can mail me. I have helped occasionally.
    However, inspite of the “Brant Blog” on the OnOne site, and references to me as their designer in product copy, I left their employment at end of June last year

As i said was calling their bluff, had no intention of bothering you direct by email….maybe just coincidence but it got action! 😆

honourablegeorge

Several orders, zero hassle.

Had a warranty issue (with a branded helmet, not PX’s fault) which was replaced exrremely quickly and hassle free, postage paid, was very impressed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ordering 100% sucess

Returns 100% sucess

Warrenty (as in workshop stuff not a straight replacement), slow and comunications are a bit rubbish, but hopefully its getting there. Guess thats the tradeoff, they’re cheap as there a huge warehouse of stuff but not many people sorting it out if things go wrong.

Id order again as their bikes definately suit me (figures, I lived in Shefield so probably rode the same trails). But they’ve exhausted my goodwill.

DickBarton

Yes, a pretty good rate…the only mess up was when they offered 2-for-1 on all tyres and tubes…I ordered 2 sets of tyres and 2 sets of tubes – expecting to get 2 of each – so 2 pairs of tyres and 4 inner tubes – only 1 set of each tyre arrived and 2 tubes – so I contacted them (by phone – they seem very good on the phone) and I got the tyres and tubes sent out that day and they arrived the next day. Everything else has been ordered, next day confirmation that item has been despatched and it has arrived the next day.
    Hoping for another deal on tyres soon and ideally more options in 27.5/650b…if only the Smorgasbord came in that size!

tomhoward

100% over the last 10 years. Everything from merino to wheels.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably one of the best bike shops I’ve ordered from. Placed quite alot of orders over the years; they only got one wrong (incorrect size) but they sent out the correct item before I’d even returned the wrong one. THey also sorted out a warranty claim without question. Would recommend!

stevie750

27.5/650b…if only the Smorgasbord came in that size!

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYOOSM65/on-one-smorgasbord-650b-tubeless-ready-tyre

For some reason only on the planet x site and not on one

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Yep – I’ve had no problems with them over the years. Some smart-arsed replies to queries, but they’ve always delivered the goods.

mcnultycop

Fine. Sent the wrong width bars once but sorted the issue. Other 42,000 orders I’ve had no problems.

woodnut
    Free Member

Used them perhaps 30 times and never had an issue.

wiggles
    Free Member

50% success rate here, wrong stuff things out of stock etc so just avoid now not worth the hassle.

acidchunks

My last order with them was comical.

Ordered a bargainous full face for £40 and a deore shifter for £12..

full face arrives, no shifter so drop them an email and they replied within a day and posted out the shifter

Shifter arrives, its an ispec not a bar mount as ordered, email sent, form filled, posted it back.

shifter arrives, its ispec again. XT this time though. kept it.

DickBarton

Thanks Stevie750…will get some ordered now!

Stoner
    Free Member

Used them loads over 10 years of their ups and downs. We have over 7 bikes or frames in various States of use/abuse/abandon in our household. I have a delivery due from them tomorrow of some tools, cheap sunnies, and merino base layer. I’ll keep on using them coz I like them.

snownrock

Never a problem here

finbar
    Free Member

Maybe five or six botched orders here. I should have learned my lesson when I bought one of the first gen Pompino complete bikes that they specced the wrong BB length on and point blank refused to sort out, but every twelve months or so they manage to sucker me back into thinking they might have improved.

ratadog

Royal Mail once managed to deliver item randomly to someone in next county and then back to them rather than to me but otherwise no issues.

lightman
    Free Member

Ordered Thursday, posted with Yodel Friday, arrived Saturday afternoon.
    I would be very happy with this order if it wasn’t for the nearly 30 bloody “Confirm Subscription” emails I have had in the few days since!

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Ordered a few bits over time and only had one issue. Ordered folding ice tyres and received wire bead. I had wondered what had arrived due to the size of the box.

bigjim

most orders have been fine but the one that went wrong really went wrong, but I did end up with 5 swapouts, which was quite amusing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody got a good hit rate of ordering from Planet X/On-One?’ is closed to new replies.