• This topic has 69 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by colp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Harry Main (pro BMXer) MTB vid
  • Garry_Lager

Harry Main – phenomenal park BMX rider, has been putting up some MTB stuff on his youtube channel recently – This one at Farmer Johns in Marple is pretty good. Cool to see someone amazing at another discipline try something new – not bad for a first go at a drop off.

[some NSFW swearing]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92L2-kscI44[/video]

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been watching these videos with enjoyment. Love his enthusiasm for MTB, I’m feeding off of his stoke – as the kids used to say.

Have you seen Nyquist riding Whistler?
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/basecamp-chronicles-with-ryan-nyquist-first-ever-trail-ride-video.html

noltae
    Free Member

“YES LAD”

weeksy

HAhahaha i enjoyed that. He’s got some balls !

kayak23

Nice little touch innit!
    😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

cheers for that great stuff

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have mixed feelings about Harry Main. Fair play to him for giving this a bash, but he seems to be living off the same tricks in BMX (not saying I can flair etc 😆 ) and pushing his garbage bikes.

kayak23

He doesn’t ride comps anymore so I guess he doesn’t have the same pressure for progression as others.

As for his ‘garbage’ bikes, really? They seem fine to me. He rides them himself and also did a video where he cuts them up to show wall thickness etc.
    He’s just a business person at the end of the day.
    Sound bloke I think.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I enjoyed that, he’s obviously got a lot of transferrable skills, but he only bricks it like the rest of us and does it anyway. Most pro vids they’re portayed as fearless.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Despite all the swearing I love that video!

Someone who is happy riding and gets excited. Seems a lot of people are too cool for that sort of thing nowadays, but that video makes me want to try it, so job well done!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

He certainly divides opinion, but he can do a good bar tweak….

TheBrick
    Free Member

Amazing rider who is just playing the bullshit media game. His channel is his main marketing tool. Not too keen on his videos tbh but I am not his target market.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Never heard of him so just watched one of his BMX videos.
    Wow.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

at least it’s better than a video of him driving his nissan gt-r around warrington with some instagram attention seeker in the passenger seat.

DezB
    Free Member

Entertaining . Bet my kid would enjoy that.

eddie11
    Free Member

Harrymania 2 is still some of the best riding I’ve ever seen. It makes me sad that 3 is never looking likely

monkeychild
    Free Member

Fock a rocker.

[video]https://youtu.be/xOE3OEA_nVU[/video]

alexpalacefan

Read the thread title as Hairy Man.
    Disappointed.

APF

kayak23

Yes lad! New video at Havok Bikepark is mint.

[video]http://youtu.be/bEk3_PfD0hA[/video]

Garry_Lager

Sail a 25 footer on your second session – Yes Lad.

Great stuff – keeps it real with his nerves / enthusiasm for biking.

chakaping
    Free Member

Awesome stuff.

Shall we have a sweepstake on how long that frame’s gonna last then?

firestarter
    Free Member

Hes got some kahunas

noltae
    Free Member

Y E S L A D !

kayak23

[video]http://youtu.be/xaAFq3P-tOo[/video]

TheBrick
    Free Member

It’s as much him getting accustomed to a different type of bike as anything. Getting comfortable with how it handles.

mehr
    Free Member

Nice to see someone skilled get enthused about MTB, though video progression to a crash/injury was quicker than Dave Jenvey 😀

One thing he was spot on about was just letting the bike do the work, nearly every crash i’ve seen off drop offs etc is when someone tries to yank the front of the bike up and it just does the opposite and pitches straight down

weeksy

Though video progression to a crash/injury was quicker than

Seeing how he started off going completely full on, it was never going to be more than a few vids before he stacked it.

Impressive balls for sure though.

chakaping
    Free Member

One thing he was spot on about was just letting the bike do the work, nearly every crash i’ve seen off drop offs etc is when someone tries to yank the front of the bike up and it just does the opposite and pitches straight down

In his case maybe someone had said you need to spring off the end of the drop, and of course his idea of a bunnyhop is a bit bigger than the average MTBer’s.

Did anyone post this yet?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P-mQ1mIjQs[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Just watched the ‘my first ride’ vid linked to from the one in the OP, where he’s at Grizedale red.

On a fire road climb:

“How long have we been out?”
    “15 mins”
    “I’m ****ed!”

Then finishing covered in mud, laughing at his mate’s crash and grinning – how everyone’s first ride should be 🙂

Stevet1
    Free Member

Ah my local skatepark in that vid. Almost didn’t recognise it without the 100’s of sulky teens sitting on the decks.
    Incidentally, he was banned from the local BMX trails after one visit.

Andy_K

His enthusiasm cant be faulted, his clickbait youtube channel less so. Still, that’s the business, and i’m sure the 10s of grands a month is more than enough justification.

weeksy

Incidentally, he was banned from the local BMX trails after one visit.

Why ?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Why ?
    Breaking rule #1 mainly.
    He’s got skills though that’s for sure.

weeksy

and what exactly is rule #1 ?

firestarter
    Free Member

I like the way after landing a trick he’s always got a smile on his face he always looks like he’s enjoying himself. The stuff he can do on those mini bmx is crazy it’s hard enough just to ride one in a straight line

DezB
    Free Member

Did anyone post this yet?

That’s just ridiculous.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I don’t know if its the same rule as I know but #1 or close to it would be don’t advertise the spot.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think they are brilliant videos. I’m sh#tting myself on his behalf and we can all relate to that rush you get when you push yourself and survive unscathed, size of drop etc is irrelevant

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Rule #1? Not talking about fight club?

ziggy
    Free Member

A couple of weeks in and he’s already doing world firsts 😯

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfs2NJDdHTY[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Harry Main (pro BMXer) MTB vid’ is closed to new replies.