Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • hardtail help please!!
  • indiajazz
    Free Member

im new to this forum and really dont want to bore anyone with a topic that has probably appeard a dozen times ,but i need advice please.
    ive had my third p7 nicked this week and will probably have around a grand to spend on another bike,ive loved the p7, particularly the last one which would have been a 2006 one,however,im thinking about a change but still want steel.has any body any advice re another bike or should i stick with orange……thanks in advance!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not wanting to say Kinesis Decade Virsa Prestige (AKA kinesis Boy )but is work a look and although frame only is around £300 so would leave you £700 for the rest and of your choice 🙂 ?

Dancake
    Free Member

Grifter

oxnop
    Free Member

I dont see why you would want to change from the p7. I've just built a P7 up and the blur LTc hasn't been out since!

In the last year i've had 3 HT's (2009 chameleon, 2009 alpitude & the P7) P7 best by far.

indiajazz
    Free Member

cheers,ive just seen those cotic souls,they look great but i reckon i would be struggling to keep it under a grand.oxnop,i think i just enjoy the thrill of the chase and was wondering if there was anything out there to rival it.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I think you should stick with what you know, considering that what you know seems to be an awesome bike!

highclimber
    Free Member

I have just built up a P7 and took it for its first outing last week. Truely awesome – so why change?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I spent less than a grand on my Evil Sovereign and that is the best hardtail in the world ever.

crocodilian
    Free Member

It is the best, Fortunateson09……………apart from the BFe of course.

indiajazz
    Free Member

whats a BFe?

crocodilian
    Free Member

Sorry, Cotic make a more resilient/tougher steel hardtail called the BFe. It's intended use is for jumping about and DH but you can use it for everything really, it goes uphill quite nicely too. Here's mine:

indiajazz
    Free Member

looks beautiful mate!would it be impossible to build a cotic soul for under 1 000?theres a frame on ebay which will probably go for under £400….like i said ive alwauys had p7`s so am new to the idea of building my own,any advice would be welcome.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I think if you spec it with second hand bits you should be alright. I built the one above with old bits from my other bike but the forks were new and cost £570 as I remember. The frame was second hand off here for £400ish. So yeah, go second hand or the price goes up very quickly!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘hardtail help please!!’ is closed to new replies.