Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Happy St. George's Day
  • molgrips
    Free Member

So what could we have ??

We have August bank holiday. Which to be fair is as much of an institution as any of those others. We don’t need a reason, it’s just a day off in the summer 🙂

Or we could also argue that Christmas takes the place of a national day – it’s a much bigger deal here than in most other countries.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I think you’ll find it’s only in England.

And Georgia.

sbob
    Free Member

Happy St George’s Day, good people of England.

Tonight I will be celebrating with the traditional English feast of curry. 😀

Northwind

As a Scottish person I deplore this english celebration of the oppression of another minority group. First they came for the dragons, and I said nothing because I wasn’t a dragon!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Happy dragon murderer day.
    Hardly any wonder there’s none left.

Northwind

In a thousand years we’ll celebrate Saint Paterson day for his heroic efforts in slaying the badger.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I enjoy celebrating the memory of a fisherman from Galillee whose (partial) remains were bought to a foreign land by monk from Patras. Perhaps its the reeling and the wee drams that go with it? Oh, and (like the Shakespeare connection) its also Winston Churchill’s birthday.

shifter
    Free Member

Nice ride on a lovely day, topped off with a couple of Theakstons – perfect St George’s Day 🙂

Houns

Just back from a little wander

Scamper
    Free Member

Houns – you were in the pub from 10.53am until now? 😀

Houns

Hic

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

After you took that ^ picture, turned your back, and walked away …… this happened :

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Happy St. George’s Day England people. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Happy St. George's Day’ is closed to new replies.