Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hans Dampf, will it fit a fuel?
  • jkomo

Is 2.35 too wide for my fuel ex9? Is it too much tyre anyway?
    For trails.
    Thanks

kimbers

i had to take mine off my kona dawg, they are very wide and it was seizing up my back wheel in the claggy mud, 2.25 nobby nic was much better, a tiny bit skittish but rolled better and allowed the wheel to turn!

gaberin
    Free Member

Don’t know about hans dampf, but my 2.35 high rollers and minions fit fine, although they are quite skinny for 2.35s.

legend
    Free Member

Hand Dampfs are wwaaayy bigger than Minions and HRs. Big enough that I wouldn’t put them on anything short of my DH bike, or a tractor.

There seems to be a trend towards using huge tyres at the moment, followed by some very confused people when their wheels stop turning in thick mud

Superficial
    Free Member

They’re bigger than most. Probably pretty similar to 2.5 Maxxis tyres.

But they’re nowhere near DH-tyre weight so they’re not unreasonable on a longer-travel trail bike that’s more focussed on DH sections (IMO). For the Fuel? I probably wouldn’t – regardless of whether they fit.

jkomo

Ok, so nobby Nic then. Off to on-one I go.

matther01
    Free Member

Ex8 2012 and have run these with no issues. The grip is phenomenal but did find them front and rear was a bit draggy.

Blew up on the first attempt with a track pump and sealed properly (although they were a bit of a bugger to seat them properly on the Bonty rims).

I now run a Dampf front on both my bikes with a smaller/faster rear.

jkomo

What do you have on the rear?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just wondering why you’d need such a massive grippy tyre on the rear of a 5″ travel XC/trail bike?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Because he wants to. If it was all about what we need, then 99% wouldn’t be riding the bikes we are.

steve_b77
    Free Member

If you noticed he also asked if it was “too much tyre”, and IMHO it is for the type of bike a fuel is.

On the front maybe, but on the rear it’s overkill and heavy/draggy

jkomo

Ok, so what would match it on the back? Going tubeless also.
    It has 2.1 the captains at the mo

Candodavid
    Free Member

Racing Ralph

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nobby Nic would be a good all rounder if you fancy sticking with schwalbe.

Or another combo is a specialized purgatory up front & a ground control out back

legend
    Free Member

Keep the Captain on the back?

swingbing
    Free Member

2.35 Rocket Ron Snakeskin for the rear. Great combo. Racing Ralphs only come in up to 2.25 now and are tiny by comparison with the hans dampf.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hans Dampf, will it fit a fuel?’ is closed to new replies.