Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hans Dampf TLR on a UST rim
  • afrothunder88

Morning all,

I was planning on using a TLR Hans Dampf with a Stans kit on a Flow rim, but ended up with an Easten Haven UST rim, after a quick faff last night, I couldn’t get it to seal with a track pump at all. I don’t have a compressor, but could potentially buy a Presta to schraeder adaptor and head to the garage this evening.

IS it worth it though? Has anyone managed to reliably use TLR tyres on UST rims?

I thought about bodging a Stans strip into the Haven rim, but I only have the freeride strip in Schraeder valve which the rim won’t accept and I don’t want to drill it out.

On the topic of compressors, is something like this going to be capable of inflating a tyre or is it likely to be a £100 job?

*Edit to add – I could just buy a UST tyre, but Evans seem to be the only place to stock them locally and they’re out of the Spesh Butcher which would have been my preferred choice.

Cheers!

andysredmini
    Free Member

I use them on my mavic 819’s. They didn’t inflate easily to start with so I ran them with a tube for a few weeks. I didn’t intend to keep the tubes in for so long just cba to take them out.
    When I did remove the tube they inflated easily and I have had no problems for the last year.

honourablegeorge

TLR Hans Dampfs and Muddy Mary’s here on UST Mavics – HDs usually go up with a track punp.

Pop the cores out of the valves and take then to a petrol station – quick hoot of the air hose will seat them.

richmtb

I’m currently running a UST Nobby Nic at the back and a HD TLR up front on Shimano XT UST rims.

Both went up no problem with a track pump, The TLR need a bit more sealant in it than the UST but apart from that there was no difference

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hans Dampf TLR on a UST rim’ is closed to new replies.