Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Hands up if you only own ONE bike and what is it?
  • swingbing
    Free Member

All this 26er vs 29er, full suss vs hardtail vs rigid vs fat bike etc… got me wondering how many STW people don’t own multiple bikes?

My one and only ride is a Cotic Soul. Commutes 6 miles a day, does a bit of light trials/street riding in the evenings, hits the trails at the weekends 😀

wwaswas

half the forum do this;

weeksy

Me, Giant XTC29er.

I’ve owned several others in the last year along side it on and off, but this is the only bike i’ve kept and the only bike i’ve really gelled with.

santacoops
    Free Member

How can you tell if my hand is up?

wwaswas

How can you tell if my hand is up?

there’s an ‘indefinitely’ joke there somewhere.

yunki
    Free Member

up until earlier this year I would have proudly declared the same..

But I now am the owner of a Cotic Soul, plus my tip bike that I use solely for the purposes of ferrying the kids around, and not getting it nicked if I leave it parked in town

mattjg
    Free Member

Surely you’d be better off buying a different bike for commuting rather than wearing out the expensive forks/tyres/drivetrain on your Soul with all that road mileage? (Or is it a space issue?)

I’m hands down. Ahem.

Dancake
    Free Member

Commencal combi. (HT)

Cheap frame (26 quid) Married to bargain parts.

Just bought some Shimano Dual Control Hydro Levers new for 25 quid…will see how that one goes. (Presently have a Deore Front brake with LH lever and a Bikehut on the back)

Bike does work and woods

I had 4 at one time..

trout
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega is my only bike .
    undertrailed for a lot of its riding

sbob
    Free Member

GT Zaskar X.
    It will beat your bike in a fight.

RobinL

2010 Stumpy Elite ….. Over-biked for 98% of my riding …

Under-skilled for the remaining 2% !

😀

tinsy
    Free Member

I only have one MTB if that’s what you mean..

26″ Scandal with scandium, 120mm forks.. its fine for most, but I wouldnt take it to the Alps cos I like Plenny bashing.

I do however own lots of other bikes.

Schwinn, 26″ BMX, Chopper, Raleigh Pursuit (but I dont know where that is)

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

5-Spot with 150mm Revs, reverb etc has been my only bike for a good while. Only ride off-road and don’t feel the need for anything else… at the moment.

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

One bike: Yeti SB66. 😈

firestarter
    Free Member

I had one got another the other day and hopefully selling the first one today 😉

One on its way surly crosscheck one just bought salsa el msomethingorother 29er

warpcow
    Free Member

Are we talking ‘one MTB’ or ‘one bike’? After selling my FS last month I’m on one MTB now: an Evil Sovereign, which os just as capable, but far more fun, than the old FS was. Then of course I have a commuter and a nasty old shopper for quick jaunts to the shop.

seadog101

On a technical note yes: Ghost 6000 ltd.

Other bike is a pile of components that if assembled would have six wheels, eight tyres, two forks, two chainsets, three stems, two bars, two seat post but one saddle (ouch), dual brakes on the F+R, a 19ft chain and a 25speed cassette, probably four mech’s too.

seadog101

On a technical note yes: Ghost 6000 ltd.

Other bike is a pile of components that if assembled would have six wheels, eight tyres, two forks, two chainsets, three stems, two bars, two seat post but one saddle (ouch), dual brakes on the F+R, a 19ft chain and a 25speed cassette, probably four mech’s too.

[edit] OOPS double post…

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Just my rigid 853 Inbred at the moment for the first time in years. I got as far as 3 at one point.

…thinking I might ‘need’ a pompino or some other SS CX bike though
    …or a play hardtail frame
    …or a tourer

but yeah just the one at the moment 🙂

Grimy
    Free Member

1 bike here. A 2009 Marin mount vision. Fugly but robust, low maintenance and rides well.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Marin Rocky Ridge from… I have no idea!

16th October 2012 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

It is old and past it’s best… but it is the only one I have. And to be honest… it does just look “right”.

edlong
    Free Member

Mongoose Otero Elite

Heavy, cheap full sus. Just the ticket for the daily (road) commute.

gavlp
    Free Member

Until a couple of weeks ago I only owned a Trek 6500 from 2005. I just sold it.
    At Xmas I’ll be getting a Cube Ltd SL 29er in anodized black and getting the Fox Float 32s with remote CTD.
    In the meantime I’m bikeless…. :'( 🙁

BigSteve
    Free Member

One bike: Yeti SB66.

Funny – I test rode one today with a view to consolidating my MTB’s into one bike. What can I say – **** what a bike!!!

bigbloke
    Free Member

My one and only bike is a Whyte 19 Trail Steel 2011. Very happy with it , does all i need currently.

nwill1
    Free Member

1 Bike does it all here, not got as much £££ as many on here seem to have!

Good speced Charge Blender for trails & fun times.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

One bike Blur LT2- although to arrive at that choice of bike to suit my style of riding I had a Carrera fury, Cube XMS,transition vagrant,giant reign ,
    now these Nukeproof Mega and El guapo’s ………………….

widge34
    Free Member

Spesh stumpjumper fsr elite for me. The one and only.

stumpy01

For years I only had one bike – a 2001 Stumpy FSR. Then I realised that riding it on the road was costing me a lot in worn down knobbles. So I bought a cheap second set of wheels for it to put slicks on & use it on the road and off the road…

In 2010 I replaced that bike with a 2010 Stumpy FSR & also bought myself an Inbred frame to put the bits of the retired bike onto. So, I had a ‘proper’ bike and a Specialized. HA HA, only joking. I meant I had a full sus and a hardtail, while still having 2 sets of wheels for the hardtail to use it as my on road/off road option….

Recently I’ve been getting fed up with swapping wheels, particularly as the old Juicy brakes on the Inbred (since replaced – the brakes that is, not the Inbred) didn’t like having different wheels used with them, as there was so little rotor/pad clearance. The hubs were very slightly different widths so I had to reset the calipers every time I swapped wheels and that was a ball ache.

So, about a week ago, I got a road bike! Now I have 3 bikes, where previously I only had one. I have now spent ages working out what mounts and stuff I need to get spares of for my lights etc. and to be honest I am thinking it was a lot simpler when I just had my single bike that now hangs on the wall, gathering dust…

matt_outandabout

Sanderson Breath HT, I do occasionally mis my (busted) Orange ST4.

I have only ever owned one bike at a time before, ever.

Johnbot
    Free Member

2009 Intese Tracer, great frame

jd-boy
    Free Member

The one and only John Deere Bike 😀

tomhoward

I tried, I really did! I even sold one and split up another to have only one! Then I rebuilt to one I split up from the spares bin (and a couple of new things, but only a chain and chainring). Then came the road bike…

Why must bikes have this effect? Why?!?!! 😥

roger_mellie

One bike here – 2010 Lapierre zesty 314.

Before that I had a fs marin wolf ridge for years and before that a specialized hardrock sport, no less.

I may, just may, become a two bike man in the new year.

boltonjon

I find it so difficult to keep 1 bike on in full operation 100% of the time – i very rarely have both 100% operational!

Please – someone help me sort this problem out!! :

fakesounding
    Free Member

Technically yes, a Scott genius mc40.

I do, however, have all the bits to build my 456 evo hardtail, but I’m away for the next month so can’t do owt with it 🙁

fakesounding
    Free Member

Damn you iPhone, *double post*

danielgroves
    Free Member

I only have one, unfortunately, although I am saving for another. Have have almost a second bike in spare parts, but those are all going up for sale later.

It’s a a custom build 2008 Commencal Meta 5 VIP. Pictures will come later, going down to the garage in a minute to help a mate service some forks so I’ll grab some up-to-date piccys while I’m down there.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Sanat Cruz Blur LT2 – had it for nealry two years now and i really cant think i’d ever change it. its everything i want in a bike

chrismac

Yes i consolidated this year and now just have and Orange 5. I do have some 160 forks for it aswell as the standard 140s for alpine duties if that doesnt count as cheating 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Hands up if you only own ONE bike and what is it?’ is closed to new replies.