Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • halfords discounts ?
  • iainc

A mate is buying a Voodoo Bizango this weekend, in store – they are ordering one in for him to see before buying. I can go along with him and use my BC membership card, I think, for 10% off, which takes it to £540.

any better options/discount codes etc around on them ?

Thanks

phil40
    Free Member

If he joins quidco he can get 2.5% cash back as well

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Hope it doesn’t show up on time or they can’t find it when you go, then see if the manager will give you an inconvenience discount!

jolmes
    Free Member

Don’t you have to actually print off a voucher online first from the BC website? Last time I checked just showing your card doesn’t work anymore.

Also Halfords get daily deliveries now so its more than likely if the paperwork is sorted, its already in store waiting, if they found one…

chipster

I bought a Bizango last November. I joined BC, waited for a 10% discount weekend, and got the bike for £486.
    All I needed to get the BC discount was my BC card.

servo
    Free Member

I just flash my BC card and get 10% off on the spot.

Friend of mine chose a Boardman MTB which had 15% off at the time. They refused to give him another 10% off for his BC discount saying that it did not apply to sale items. He didn’t buy it. The manager was wrong as the BC website says you get 10% off everything and that includes sale items.

benp1

There’s some sort of offer where you buy halfords vouchers or something, but I couldn’t ever find out more information on it

chipster

I had grief with the woman on the checkout, when I went to get my Lake winter boots and pedals.
    The deal was “Get 25% off cycling shoes or boots, when you buy a pair of pedals.” She thought it was cheeky of me to expect any more off.
    It was the manager (Wakefield store) who sorted out the BC 10% discount for me.

theotherjonv

The manager was wrong as the BC website says you get 10% off everything and that includes sale items.

Ah, but Halfords can trump that as they did with my Boardman CX purchase. Because the 15% off card thing had a little *T&C apply on it, one of which was that offer was not valid with any other discounts.

There’ll always be a small print get out somewhere. Good for you for getting the manager to sort it, I couldn’t get anywhere.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I can buy vouchers with 10% off Iain, through my employers benefits package, and they just act like cash so you can apply other discounts. They do take a few days to arrive though.

He could paypal me the cash, I could buy them and you can collect them on the A77 🙂

iainc

Gary – very kind offer, much appreciated – let me ask him

Gary_M
    Free Member

My email’s in my profile so just let me know. Would probably be Tuesday before they arrive though, which might be a problem if he wants them this weekend, but I think I can send them to your mates address.

edit: just checked and I can send them to another address

freeagent
    Free Member

As above, I can buy vouchers with 10% off via an employee benefits scheme.
    If you plan ahead, and pair it with a ‘15% off bikes’ weekend, and BC discount that gets you 35% off… which starts to make C2W a bit less appealing…

Gary_M
    Free Member

that gets you 35% off

Not quite, I imagine they apply discount A, then discount B to the discounted price then you pay with the vouchers. Which isn’t quite the same as 35% off.

35% off £100 is £65, applying multiple discounts means you pay £68.85.

Sorry I’m being a mathematics pedant 🙂

Grim
    Free Member

I bought a second hand Voodoo Bizango that had only done about 50 road miles. What a great bike for the money!

spooky_b329

I get 10% off everything by flashing the card (nearly always car stuff) but they did show me the book of barcodes that said 20% off cycling stuff, so make sure they scan the right barcode!

slackboy

details on how to get discount on halfords vouchers here

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/22-off-any-purchase-halfords-1603626

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘halfords discounts ?’ is closed to new replies.